2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has tried installing a subwoofer yet.

I owned a 2015 m3 and used the pac-maz3 which was super simple to to plug into the amp. But i am curious to know if the 2019 m3 was the same

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going to be installing a subwoofer in a 2019 Mazda3 this week and wondering what the speaker colours are to tap into as I will be using a loc.
any help would be great, I can’t find installs anywhere for this car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently all the bass is handled by a speaker in the drivers side kick panel. Sad that no information exists regarding this car and the stereo/speakers in it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Apparently all the bass is handled by a speaker in the drivers side kick panel. Sad that no information exists regarding this car and the stereo/speakers in it.
Yea there is some sort of "semi" sub thing behind the kick panels. Not sure what they are called but are like a mini sub woofer

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe try Crutchfield. You'll have to do some of your own work though, as with any sub install. Maybe better left to a professional if you're so unsure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe try Crutchfield. You'll have to do some of your own work though, as with any sub install. Maybe better left to a professional if you're so unsure.
got it installed and it works great! We tapped into the woofer in the drivers side footwell for the line level converter. The hardest part was getting the power wire to the trunk, we had to remove the batterie to get at the main wiring grommet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice! Pics of the woofer in the driver side kik panel? Also, I would want something not as large and off to the side or in the spare tire area to have a full boot to use

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice! Pics of the woofer in the driver side kik panel? Also, I would want something not as large and off to the side or in the spare tire area to have a full boot to use
Sorry don’t have any pics handy of the driver, it had 2 wires going into it. I think it was a red and a black, can’t remember 100%
You can definitely go a lot smaller, this is for a 19yo who wants lots of boom. I have a alpine type s 10” sub in my truck and it’s plenty of bass for me and it does well in a small sealed box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m attempting to do this as well with a non Bose system and I’ve done a lot of installs but I haven’t seen a system like this before where I can’t get behind the head unit to put a LOC without ripping have the car apart. So any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone found out for sure what the wire colors are, indeed for the line level, in the driver side foot well.....as the original poster said?

I have a 2020, with Bose system and want to add a self powered sub in the rear. I've done this before with a 2011 Ford Fiesta with good results. I already have the spare tire sub, want more bass though, and a line signal...otherwise I'd tap off the amplified bass signal, at the Bose spare tire sub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry don’t have any pics handy of the driver, it had 2 wires going into it. I think it was a red and a black, can’t remember 100%
You can definitely go a lot smaller, this is for a 19yo who wants lots of boom. I have a alpine type s 10” sub in my truck and it’s plenty of bass for me and it does well in a small sealed box.
Would love to know for certain what wires you grabbed into. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts