2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought the 2019 mazda 3 SPORT GS, but I have a question for the tail light, is it ONLY the outer light (both left and right side) can be lighted on? the inner one ONLY just for stylish/decoration, \I MEAN ...THE TOTAL 4 TAIL LIGHTS WILL ONLY BE TWO (OUTER ONE AT LEFT AND RIGHT) CAN BE LIGHTED ON. IS IT RIGHT?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,437 Posts
Sales people love this type of sh+t. Give your dealer a call.
CK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I HAVE CALLED THE DEALER AGENT WHO SAID THE FOUR TAIL LIGHTS WERE ONLY APPLIED ON GT MODEL (SIGNATURE LIGHT).
BUT I THINK THATS NOT MAKE SENSE FOR THE LIGHT ARRANGEMENT . I DON'T BELIEVE HIM.

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
Well, thats up to you........
That arrangement has been used by previous generation cars. Tail lights varied according to trim level.

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
So, is there a taillight problem or not?

·
Registered
269 Posts
So in my US Premium trim with the car off, pressing the break only lights the outer taillight. With the car and the headlights on, pressing the break I see the inner and outer lights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my comment is that is ridiculous for the tail light arrangement for the GX or GS models - only outer light will be lighted on.
the one of the reason I bought the 2019 mazda 3 is the FOUR tail lights, but no one to tell me about the tail lights arrangement even the dealer agent. I felt very disappointed about it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Canadian models:

GX and GS trim tail lights don't have 4 LED rings at the back. Only the GT trim has it.

Also the signal lights at the front are halogen but the GT trim is LED.

3:10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I THINK THAT THE FOUR TAIL LIGHTS (LIGHTED ON TOGETHER) ARE ONLY APPLIED ON PREMIUM TRIM / MODEL ONLU. IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
my comment is that is ridiculous for the tail light arrangement for the GX or GS models - only outer light will be lighted on.
the one of the reason I bought the 2019 mazda 3 is the FOUR tail lights, but no one to tell me about the tail lights arrangement even the dealer agent. I felt very disappointed about it.
:laugh2: Why get angry about not reading the brochure? You are never going to see the lights whilst driving are you?

Reactions: SR14626

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m dying from these comments

Who doesn’t do a walk around & inspect the vehicle they’re buying or even ask questions?

Assumptions only lead to future problems which happens to be so very true in this case.

Not enough research & pulled the trigger too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
I did well to buy the light pack in Portugal that changes the front headlights to full led and change also the rear ones. I didn't realize the 2 vs 4 rings at the dealer. Only now with you guys. I only noticed the difference on the number of leds per ring. Higher grades look like a unique ring in spite of having distinguised led bulbs forming the outer ring in the lower grades

Enviado do meu SM-J530F através do Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts