2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the title, has anyone installed remote start on their 2019 Mazda 3 and how thin will my wallet be after paying for it?

I did find one thread on it, mentioning a cost of ~$300 but it was half a year ago. Do we have any aftermarket competition now?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I checked with local shop about a month ago and according to him nothing out yet unless they use spare key to bypass and his best guess was Fall 2020 for CompuStar. Someone installed a Mazda one on here but it will not work for what I want. Where I park is far from my job and I want the option to start with my phone as well as a FOB that doesn't have to be so close to car that it's useless to even have one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with local shop about a month ago and according to him nothing out yet unless they use spare key to bypass and his best guess was Fall 2020 for CompuStar. Someone installed a Mazda one on here but it will not work for what I want. Where I park is far from my job and I want the option to start with my phone as well as a FOB that doesn't have to be so close to car that it's useless to even have one.
Thanks for the information, I think it's best to wait. One, because of the lack of integration capabilities. Two, the cost and competition.

I was quoted by a local shop here that they could install one that has LTE modem capabilities but I doubt it's for this car because the person I talked to wasn't an installer and just referencing their standard installations. They quoted me $500-$700 which is wayyyy above what it should be. Installation should be no more than $100 (unless you're in some weird location) and the kit itself should be <$200 unless it's like you said, a long range cell network kit.

I just want something that integrates with the OEM keyfob and provides the same distance as the OEM keyfob. Not worth it for $500+ at this point in time. Maybe for some, but not for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From my searching, there doesn’t seem to be a solution without using one of your key fobs in the car. Usually brand new vehicles (especially now that most are smart keys) take at least a year for the bypass companies to figure out, program and test. It’s a pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts