2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am in the market for the new 2019 Mazda 3 - one of the things I was excited for was parking sensors and a 360 camera for parking visibility that I read about from some of the advance reviews:
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/01...r-under-30000/

When I test drove the car yesterday, this wasn't part of the car. In fact, the only parking "technology" was a pretty low-res backup camera that took up about 1/4 of the new screen.

Any insight into what happened with this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unfortunately that option is only available in some markets.. We don't have it in Canada as well but we have some other options other markets don't have! I'm sure they will make it available in more markets in the 2020 model.
Hi there,

I am in the market for the new 2019 Mazda 3 - one of the things I was excited for was parking sensors and a 360 camera for parking visibility that I read about from some of the advance reviews:
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/01...r-under-30000/

When I test drove the car yesterday, this wasn't part of the car. In fact, the only parking "technology" was a pretty low-res backup camera that took up about 1/4 of the new screen.

Any insight into what happened with this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
At least in Canada, we get the rear parking sensors, and, on the GT model, rear camera trajectory. The 360 camera is not available in North America.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Unless I missed it, the article you included doesn't mention the parking sensors and a 360 camera for parking visibility options. Even the Mazda sales person where I live told me the new Mazda 3's on the lot has the new X engine. I had to inform him the new X engine will be released later this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a YouTube review with it as well! I was so bummed when I checked out my car and it wasn’t there. All I could figure is maybe it was a feature only available in outer countries.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In the UK there are 5 models

First two models have front and rear parking sensor
Next two models have parking sensors + rear reversing camera which is 720p
last model had sensors and 360 cameras. You can tell if you have 360 cameras as there is a button to enable it (near the traction control, istop disable buttons)

If I remember correctly there are five buttons in that section, if you model doesn't have a specific feature those buttons will be blanked out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope I can buy those 360 carmera and sensor later to install it on my 2019 Mazda3 (US). 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can also select the power button for both rear view mirrors. When you put it in reverse, both mirrors will tilt downward so you can see the yellow ( or white) lines in a parking lot. Also great if you have to parallel park with the curb on your right hand side. It might save your wheels. When the car is shifted out of reverse , the mirrors tilt back up to their last setting. I use this often.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can also select the power button for both rear view mirrors. When you put it in reverse, both mirrors will tilt downward so you can see the yellow ( or white) lines in a parking lot. Also great if you have to parallel park with the curb on your right hand side. It might save your wheels. When the car is shifted out of reverse , the mirrors tilt back up to their last setting. I use this often.
I can only select one and only one of the mirror will tilt down in my car. 😂

·
Registered
102 Posts
In the UK, there are 5 models. The 2 low end models have parking sensors, the next 2 models have rear parking camera. You say it is low quality buts its a 720p image and very clear, and then only the top end models comes with the 360 camera view (in the UK this model is sold as the "GT Sport Tech")

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up the 2020 Mazda3 AWD Premium Pkg in the US, and I can confirm there is no 360° view, nor is the safety package even an option on the build page on the web site. It IS in the owners manual for "some models." In fact there are a number of button blanks I would not expect with the top end trim.

Not available/blanks
-360° view
-Parking sensors
-Heated steering wheel
-Trunk release button

There are also blanks under the cruise control buttons that seem to not be used in any model...maybe for future packages?

I'm by no means disappointed in the car (190 miles). I came from a 2016 CX-5 (which was great) and the improvement in tech and fit/finish alone is worth it. I'm just puzzled that a loaded car with "everything on it" has everything, but not quite.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just picked up the 2020 Mazda3 AWD Premium Pkg in the US, and I can confirm there is no 360° view, nor is the safety package even an option on the build page on the web site. It IS in the owners manual for "some models." In fact there are a number of button blanks I would not expect with the top end trim.

Not available/blanks
-360° view
-Parking sensors
-Heated steering wheel
-Trunk release button

There are also blanks under the cruise control buttons that seem to not be used in any model...maybe for future packages?

I'm by no means disappointed in the car (190 miles). I came from a 2016 CX-5 (which was great) and the improvement in tech and fit/finish alone is worth it. I'm just puzzled that a loaded car with "everything on it" has everything, but not quite.
Add a dumbed down Heads up Display to the list. While the projection on the windshield is an improvement on the flip up screen, actual display content has been reduced. My 2017 Mazda 3 GT with tech package showed speed limits and pretty much all of the driver assist cues, like lane departure, brake, etc. My 2019 preimum only displays speed, Blind Spot monitoring, Basic cruise control info, and turn by turn when NAV is used.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Not available/blanks
-360° view
-Parking sensors
-Heated steering wheel
-Trunk release button

That's quite a list. Enough for someone to seriously consider other brands like Honda and Toyota.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts