2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does 2019 mazda 3 come with 3 years Sirius XM Traffic Plus? My 2019 CX5 come with 3 years of Sirius XM Traffic Plus, but my 2019 mazda 3 said that my subscription is expired. I did purchase the navigation sd card. I also contacted Sirius XM and they told me that my car only have 3 month of radio trial and do not have any traffic service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I seem to remember reading on mazda's web page that you got 3 MONTHS of Traffic Plus but I don't remember how I found the page.

Anyway I bought my nav card a month after the car for my Preferred model and when I called Sirius to add the subscription for Traffic that couldn't get it working and said it wasn't available for my car. I argued that my car supported it but it said the sub had expired so they just needed to turn it on but there system wouldn't let them. I guess their system only sees the Premium with a nav card and doesn't realize you can add it later on other models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I seem to remember reading on mazda's web page that you got 3 MONTHS of Traffic Plus but I don't remember how I found the page.

Anyway I bought my nav card a month after the car for my Preferred model and when I called Sirius to add the subscription for Traffic that couldn't get it working and said it wasn't available for my car. I argued that my car supported it but it said the sub had expired so they just needed to turn it on but there system wouldn't let them. I guess their system only sees the Premium with a nav card and doesn't realize you can add it later on other models.

I have a premium without SD card, so I bought the SD card on ebay. Right now I have everything activated, but no traffic plus and parking information. These 2 are not activated. My sis has a 2019 CX5 and it come with 3 years of Traffic link. I have send the email to Mazda to ask them about it. Waiting for reply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was pretty sure it was just a trial. I have the same car and keep getting notices in the mail that my trial is expiring.

On a side note, I was told the Mazda 3 no longer comes with nav. But can't you buy the nav chip and insert it and it will display? I'm currently using Android auto and google maps, but it drives up my data on my phone plan.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! You can put the SD card in and have the Nav. I got for $89 on eBay.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talk to the Mazda and they told me that 2019 Mazda 3 does not come with 3 years live traffic. My 2019 CX5 come with the traffic plus for 3 years. Too bad that Mazda 3 doesn’t have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.