2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mazda Canada mentioned in their sales results that 39% of 2019 Mazda3 were sold with AWD. So just like with most Subaru purchases, AWD is trumping performance for this segment.

Mazda Canada reports sales for April 2019 - May 1, 2019
Interesting.

Not surprising, all wheel drive makes good sense up North.

That Mazda sales are down 13% YOY not so good news. It appears 3 sales just eked out a gain last month even with the introduction of the new 3. Mazda 6 sales are collapsing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interesting.

That Mazda sales are down 13% YOY not so good news. It appears 3 sales just eked out a gain last month even with the introduction of the new 3. Mazda 6 sales are collapsing.
The Mazda6 is also EOL (end of life). It needs a refresh like the Mazda3 and the upcoming CX30.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Interesting.

Do the reported sales numbers include the heavily discounted 2018's that dealers are dumping? If so, that would explain the increase in sales volume, much easier to sell new cars with a big discount, even if they are last gen.

From a consumer perspective, if Mazda sales are down overall, that is bad for Mazda, but good for the consumer, as it will provide incentive to Mazda to offer incentives to buy.

I am in a lease until Sept, so I will wait out these first few months and see how much discounting I can find in late July...

61 - 63 of 63 Posts