2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's funny. There aren't even any solid release dates for the 2019 yet...I personally think with Mazda's recent history of delays, we will not see the skyactive X till the 2020 model year and from what I can find there is nothing solid about the AWD as well being released in "early 2019", but any reference to AWD still shows 184HP as with the FWD.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The FWD will still be quicker than the AWD, with the same HP. Unless the conditions are in snow/rain.
Depends on tires, too. I can spin the stock eco Yokos.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
*The Electrician*
850 Posts
Anyone know how many hp the 2019 Mazda 3 awd will have?
The early models will have the 2.5L 184hp 185tq motor. Sometime later it gets the Skyactiv-X, currently no numbers have been disclosed for that motor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Back in Europe we've received information of a June release for SkyActive-X configurations with 181bhp. They state that the engines available are:
G122 (2.0 liter SkyActive-G) available in both HB and Sedan configurations from March (with normal and Plus configurations and 4 option-packs)
D116 (1.5Liter SkyActive-D) available in both HB and Sedan also from March (with normal and Plus configurations without any option packs)
X181 (2.0 liter SkyActive-X) available in both HB and Sedan, with AWD only on HB (GT, GT Plus and 3 option-packs (all or nothing for the AWD model)) but available in June

They hope that a few (2-3 cars) SkyActive-X deliveries are arriving in March but are unsure.

·
My Other Car is a Holden
71 Posts
We do know it will have a torsion beam rear end instead of independent and no manual transmission with the AWD drivetrain (as is standard with Mazda). Mix that with a controversial styling update and it's already starting off in eco-turd territory.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yeah, I was really excited about the release and now... I'm trying to avoid it like the plague...

I'm looking at 10 year old Mazdas instead of their latest and greatest... 2007 Mazdaspeed 6.
CK

·
Registered
656 Posts
My guess is AWD will first show up with the base 2.5 engine. We've been told the the skyactivX will come a bit later in the year, probably AWD as well, but would be surprised if they paired the two at first since skyactivX wants to show off fuel economy.

Somewhere down the line, the 2.5T in the 3 would not surprise me. Mazda has specifically said there will be NO mazdaspeed vehicles, but they are trying to compete with Audi and BMW and they've slapped that engine in everything else so far, so for a "sport signature" model I could see it happening. This is 100% speculation on my part based on their recent offerings.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
We can hope...The new sedan styling combined with AWD..2.5L turbo Skyactiv-G engine.. 4 wheel multi link suspension.

That would be a fun car to play with.. Compete with some Subaru lovers and get interest from aftermarket companies to make us some goodies.

That was a nice dream. I hope it happens someday.
CK

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Yeah, I was really excited about the release and now... I'm trying to avoid it like the plague...

I'm looking at 10 year old Mazdas instead of their latest and greatest... 2007 Mazdaspeed 6.
CK
Why are you looking at a 10 year old Mazda when you have a new one?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Turbo and AWD. It would be a hobby car..not my DD.
CK

·
Registered
41 Posts
We do know it will have a torsion beam rear end instead of independent and no manual transmission with the AWD drivetrain (as is standard with Mazda). Mix that with a controversial styling update and it's already starting off in eco-turd territory.
Actually I'm not sure that all configs will have torsion beam. I think that the GT line will be multilink. This is something that VW (Golf), Toyota (Auris) and other brands have. They offer multilink on the high-end configurations and torsion beam on the low-end. I have no actual information regarding the Mazda3 but it's something that most manufacturers do, so I'm expecting Mazda to do the same.

OTOH, the low-end model offers quite an attractive tech package, all the sensors/radars, carplay/androidAuto, led lights (though not adaptive), windshield projection. Actually, the low end model is very impressive, except for manual climate control (which in itself is not a deal-breaker) it has most of the things you'd want from a car.

The car cost for the low-end model (without taxes, import duties, etc.) is $15000 and it's a very impressive configuration with a very decent 122HP engine.

I personally am very impressed with the new Mazda3, so impressed that I was about to buy a top-config Mazda6 2 weeks ago and stoped when I saw the configurations for the Mazda3.

·
*The Electrician*
850 Posts
WRONG WRONG WRONG, Yes AWD will be offered with manual transmission, that has been stated by Mazda already.

·
My Other Car is a Holden
71 Posts
WRONG WRONG WRONG, Yes AWD will be offered with manual transmission, that has been stated by Mazda already.
Where have they stated that?

Not here: MAZDA: Mazda Reveals All-New Mazda3 | News Releases
Not here: https://www.mazdausa.com/new-era

Might: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25295615/2019-mazda-3-sedan-hatchback-photos-info/
...and Mazda says it's "possible" that it will be offered with the manual transmission.
Might: https://www.motor1.com/news/281844/2019-mazda3-gets-awd-manual/
At the Mazda stand in L.A., we discovered that the handsome red hatchback on stage (a pre-production prototype, for what it's worth), has both an all-wheel-drive badge on its backside, and a six-speed manual transmission in its cabin. When pressed for comment, a Mazda spokesperson said: "Currently, we don’t have information on the AWD transmission or engine combinations."

Mazda is all about going for what sells right now, what's profitable. How many AWD manual transmission C-segment cars are on the market right now that aren't always-AWD-Subaru? I wouldn't expect to Mazda to be starting a new trend (see: lose money on enthusiasts) when they're looking for sales strength.
https://www.motoring.com.au/mazda-to-post-worst-sales-figure-in-four-years-116013/

·
*The Electrician*
850 Posts
Where have they stated that?

Not here: MAZDA: Mazda Reveals All-New Mazda3 | News Releases
Not here: https://www.mazdausa.com/new-era

Might: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25295615/2019-mazda-3-sedan-hatchback-photos-info/
...and Mazda says it's "possible" that it will be offered with the manual transmission.
Might: https://www.motor1.com/news/281844/2019-mazda3-gets-awd-manual/
At the Mazda stand in L.A., we discovered that the handsome red hatchback on stage (a pre-production prototype, for what it's worth), has both an all-wheel-drive badge on its backside, and a six-speed manual transmission in its cabin. When pressed for comment, a Mazda spokesperson said: "Currently, we don’t have information on the AWD transmission or engine combinations."

Mazda is all about going for what sells right now, what's profitable. How many AWD manual transmission C-segment cars are on the market right now that aren't always-AWD-Subaru? I wouldn't expect to Mazda to be starting a new trend (see: lose money on enthusiasts) when they're looking for sales strength.
https://www.motoring.com.au/mazda-to-post-worst-sales-figure-in-four-years-116013/
Guess I'll have to do some digging but I know they stated it will be available AWD with manual, I confirmed that with my salesman at Mazda too. Not saying Im not wrong, but from anything I had seen initially at release AWD with manual had been stated.

So far I have to be skeptical, AWD is mentioned, 6spd manual is mentioned, but not specifically together. So in an effort to get some answers I put in an inquiry to Mazda Canada. Will check back with whatever I find out.

·
*The Electrician*
850 Posts
Well Mazda Canada would not confirm or deny manual transmission with AWD, guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts