2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Dances With Corners
57 Posts
Most likely not a hardware problem. Sound like a software glitch where that part of the ECU boot isn't initiating the first time, then works the next.
That makes sense, especially when you consider that hardware can be swapped out easily while software problems require time for an update to be created.

Reactions: SR14626

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you solve the rattle noise? I'm having this issue as well in my Hatchback, it seems the rattle comes from the left side of the dashboard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK folks, I got the airbag warning issue resolved and it was the harness that was too short, which caused the warning light to show up. Not a biggie, but Mazda in Japan is trying to get this fixed for other vehicles. It took approximately 15 days from the time Mazda here in Florida to get the part from Japan if anybody would like to know .

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
OK folks, I got the airbag warning issue resolved and it was the harness that was too short, which caused the warning light to show up. Not a biggie, but Mazda in Japan is trying to get this fixed for other vehicles. It took approximately 15 days from the time Mazda here in Florida to get the part from Japan if anybody would like to know .

@SR14626, can you tell me which Mazda dealer was involved in this repair? Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ferman Mazda/Ford service in Clearwater, Florida did the repair and Ferman Mazda also in Clearwater Florida was the dealership.
Thanks for the info.

I'm having a case of deja vu. It seems like I've heard about a similar problem on another model, but I can't recall who it was.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'm having a case of deja vu. It seems like I've heard about a similar problem on another model, but I can't recall who it was.
There was another part for the auto lighting system warning and the auto Windshield wipers rain sensor, but that part was defective, and now they had to reorder over night delivery, and I have to have it installed on another day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
There was another part for the auto lighting system warning and the auto Windshield wipers rain sensor, but that part was defective, they had to reorder over night delivery, and I have to have it installed on another day.
Holy crap my man. I didn't realize you were having this many problems.

Does Mazda have a TSB on all of this stuff or do they feel like it's limited to your car? If it's the latter, it sounds like the Mazda 3 assemblers were drinking a little too much saki when they built your car. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Holy crap my man. I didn't realize you were having this many problems.

Does Mazda have a TSB on all of this stuff or do they feel like it's limited to your car? If it's the latter, it sounds like the Mazda 3 assemblers were drinking a little too much saki when they built your car. :)
I haven’t seen a TSB on the Mazda3’s yet. I can almost bet they will have pretty soon since I was told from the dealership that Mazda has seen a number of these issues of late. It’s not a serious issue but it is a darn annoying one for me. They keep on giving me a loaner car which are nice but I’d rather have my own. I believe who made these parts for the Mazda 3 did in fact mess up some of the testing that would be required.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Finally got the last part installed and everything is working fine. Talk to the service rep and he told me there were four other individuals having the same issues at my dealership. Mazda is fully aware of all this and I was told that they’re working on a permanent fix with their new cars before they are delivered. I did ask if these cars were made in Mexico having this problem or the Japan build cars, but he didn’t know. Mine was mostly built in Mexico.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took Delivery of my 2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic Mazda3 Premium Hatch yesterday. Today while headed out for lunch from work the "Auto Light System Malfunction. Turn On/Off Lights Manually" error message popped up, multiple times and went away multiple times. Kind of stinks i've had it one day and already an issue. I'm also in Florida and wondering if the heat could have anything to do with it? Was 94 degrees in the shade at time of malfunction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately, now you are realizing why people in the industry NEVER buy a first year out, total model redesign. That first year is when they discover all the "issues". Sometimes companies will stop production mid-year of production to retool, but usually not. So new car buyers should beware.
Chalk one up for the "Marketing over Common Sense department".

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had that malfunction light come on to, but it was fixed with a new part. I know this is a new car and they will have some glitches from time to time but now I’ve had two glitches and I wonder if Mazda did a complete thorough testing or not. Had a few other first year production Cars, but never had problem before. Those cars were Hondas and Toyotas.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I made an appointment for tomorrow to have it looked at. Seems to be something heat related. If I park in the shade I have not seen the issue, but every time I park in full sun it presents itself. Unfortunately shade is hard to come by in my offices parking lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@fanglewow

3. The driver side door seal keep getting caught on the real door seal. Every time I open the door, it would rub hard against the rear.

Have you fixed this one? I ve got them same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was your warning the airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioner malfunction? I get that pretty frequently. My dealership took a look at it months ago and said they didn’t know what it was and couldn’t get it to come on on demand so they basically gave up. It seems to happen mostly on cool mornings. Hadn’t happened all summer but the last few weeks it’s come on once or twice a week, 5-10 minutes into my drive. Dealership had told me to come in sometime when the light is on so they can look further into it. The problem is I can’t really just drive 45 minutes then sit at the dealership for who knows how long when I’m supposed to be at work. I just kind of gave up on it since the warning goes away after shutting the car off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was your warning the airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioner malfunction? I get that pretty frequently. My dealership took a look at it months ago and said they didn’t know what it was and couldn’t get it to come on on demand so they basically gave up. It seems to happen mostly on cool mornings. Hadn’t happened all summer but the last few weeks it’s come on once or twice a week, 5-10 minutes into my drive. Dealership had told me to come in sometime when the light is on so they can look further into it. The problem is I can’t really just drive 45 minutes then sit at the dealership for who knows how long when I’m supposed to be at work. I just kind of gave up on it since the warning goes away after shutting the car off.
Mine did this about a year ago. There was a recall for the airbag sensor? They replaced the unit with the passenger airbag and rear seat belt lights...I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did this about a year ago. There was a recall for the airbag sensor? They replaced the unit with the passenger airbag and rear seat belt lights...I think.
I’ve had all the recalls available done but still having this issue. I sent a message to a different dealership this morning asking if they’ve seen the issue before and know how to fix it.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts