2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Tell them to get the part off another car in the lot and deal with replacing the part that car on their time......:smile2:

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
I guess the real question is....If they built cars 7 days a week, what day of the week would you not want your car built?
This is a very interesting question.

What is the answer? Can you tell from the Mazda VIN when the car was built? If so do you have a link to that information?

·
Registered
569 Posts
This is a very interesting question.

What is the answer? Can you tell from the Mazda VIN when the car was built? If so do you have a link to that information?
I obviously meant the question in jest using the Old Monday/Friday rule. But the answer to your question is numbers 12-17 of the Vin are the very specific production line info to each car which can include day of the week it rolled off the line. Unfortunately, these numbers are specific to manufacturer only so there is no way for an owner to decipher themselves as they are not globally uniform. Many dealers, service departments or even parts departments can look up the VIN and determine the day of the week of manufacturer. When the dealer receives the car, they also get additional build detail of the car. This would also be info the salesperson could provide when you are looking at cars. It can be obtainable after the fact, if you can get a friendly employee at the dealer to look it up for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey man, go get yours checked out. They might be able to fix yours right away if your car gives out the known warning code. My car has a brand new warning code that they're still trying to figure out so if yours give out the same thing, you might have to wait a while.

Could you please update this Airbag Warning code? How long has it been at the dealer ? Did they call you back ? Etc.

I'm thinking I will just return the loaner car and pick up my Mazda3 and wait til they send out the correct part. I don't want to wait and wait until Japan decides to send one out. I don't drive much. Driving just a few local miles (4) per week.

junaid2pac. You posted as well about your warning code. Did you bring it into for service and what did they say or do ? Many here would like an update from you as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had it happen twice to me in the beginning but have not encountered any airbag issue in the last 2 weeks but if it happens again I will take it to dealership

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had it happen twice to me in the beginning but have not encountered any airbag issue in the last 2 weeks but if it happens again I will take it to dealership
Thank you very much for the update. Please keep us informed for those that might have this issue later on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Update:

Mazda Service informed me that the part needed is on back order and no telling when, perhaps a number of weeks before they are shipped from Japan. So, I gave back my loaner car and returned home. No warning indicator lights came on thank goodness. Service rep did not want to release the car back to me at first because it was a safety issue, so I signed a release of responsibility.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update:

Mazda Service informed me that the part needed is on back order and no telling when, perhaps a number of weeks before they are shipped from Japan. So, I gave back my loaner car and returned home. No warning indicator lights came on thank goodness. Service rep did not want to release the car back to me at first because it was a safety issue, so I signed a release of responsibility.
So why would you not just drive the loaner until your's gets properly fixed? I would have just left it there until fixed as this is a safety issue.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So why would you not just drive the loaner until your's gets properly fixed? I would have just left it there until fixed as this is a safety issue.
I am going away for a while and I did not wanna leave my car there and decided to take it back to my garage which I felt it would be safer. No other reason. They were so indecisive as to when the part would arrive, and I was just a little bit uncomfortable leaving my brand new car somewhere else. I did ask if they can take apart from another 2019 and of course that was a no-no.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow. Feels like a lemon to me. Wouldn't hurt to ask for a replacement. I would.
It's good you're documenting the list of problems here in the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't know how QA works in the assembly line, but that unit appears to have sneaked passed several inspection points. Perhaps it was en route during siesta. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
OP, do you know where your car was built? Was it Japan or Mexico?

Also, what are the last 7 digits of the VIN? I'm curious to see where in the sequential production they're having problems and if my 2019 sedan was made before or after yours?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
I did ask if they can take apart from another 2019 and of course that was a no-no.
Of course when its on their dime. You might be surprised how often hoods, front fenders, wheels and other parts are swapped on the QT at the dealer when somebody damages a car on the lot.....and it doesn't have to be reported either according to the law...:surprise: In your case taking a vital safety part off another car means that car will sit unsold until the new part gets there, which means they probably have to pay property taxes on it if it sits too long....or your car will be unusable for the same length of time. Guess which option the dealer will pick.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
OP, if Mazda is as good of a company as I think they are I'm pretty sure they're going to take care of you. I would think that its engineers would be all over this, especially since it's the first generation of the new design.

·
Registered
173 Posts
About 2 weeks after, the airbag malfunction light came on, it would go off when I restart the car.
For the record, this just happened with my Japanese-built sedan. However, when I restarted the car the error message went away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For the record, this just happened with my Japanese-built sedan. However, when I restarted the car the error message went away.
This is reported on another forum as well. Looks like it’s widespread or at least it seems that way. Unknown why it turns on then it turns off when you turn off/on the car again. Mine hasn’t come back on for a couple of weeks.

65% of my car was built in Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Most likely not a hardware problem. Sound like a software glitch where that part of the ECU boot isn't initiating the first time, then works the next.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts