2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went to the dealer, and they told it's "normal" for it to be a couple of millimeters off and there's nothing they can "do" to adjust it.

Should I take it to another dealer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same problem early on. The Mazda Canada's fix is to change the carrier under the cover, which managed to pop out the center, moving it from concave to slightly convex, now it fits perfectly and the contour is exactly the right curvature.

Start of complain to finally fixed is ~3+ months.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Due to quarantine my car passed more than a month at the garage and the cover has back to normal. It's flawless again. I'm pretty sure it is the exposure to sun or hot temperatures that make it bend

·
Registered
36 Posts
All you with cap problem, when you open cap and before you close it, please check how is oriented ring on inside cap that connecting cap to cars filling pipe. It should be oriented down, if it's not connecting string can be pushing cap out of it's position.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the same problem early on. The Mazda Canada's fix is to change the carrier under the cover, which managed to pop out the center, moving it from concave to slightly convex, now it fits perfectly and the contour is exactly the right curvature.

Start of complain to finally fixed is ~3+ months.
My dealer swapped the cover and said to wait until they change the cap part# to one that won't deform.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had to get it replaced twice 1st one out of shape from day 1 second one started deforming within 5 mt current one is sitting perfect again hopefully this one last

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also took mine to dealer and they replied that mazda is currently working on the fixed parts. And that they will notify when they get the parts and and can take it into fixing. Strange

·
Registered
20 Posts
White mazda 3 hatch here, fuel door is way out of whack and not flush with the body panel. The rear sticks out the most. The cover even popped off completely when I gently pushed on it. I caught it before it hit the ground. It's currently gorilla taped in place from the inside to the hinge plate for esthetics so it's not totally lost. The dealer said they could get me in to check it in a week or two.

·
Registered
132 Posts
EU AWD Skyactiv-x Hatch owner here - i had mine replaced the other week. It's perfect again ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yep. Ours (2019 Hatch GT/Premium [Cdn]) was perfect from new (May 19) until this summer. Now, the cover (hinge area) has 'sunk' below the body sheet metal, and I have to 'pull' it forward before opening to avoid a loud, binding 'click' in the hinge assembly.

Just another 'little' defect, in a seemingly endless emerging list of such, to get 'fixed' before finally getting rid of the car at lease-end. Our 5th straight '3', but last one (last Mazda) -- too frustrating to put up with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The truth is that mine was a mess in the first year then due to be confined at the garage it became normal again and it stands perfect so far. Let's see if it's solved until the end of the 3 year warranty

·
Registered
329 Posts
The truth is that mine was a mess in the first year then due to be confined at the garage it became normal again and it stands perfect so far. Let's see if it's solved until the end of the 3 year warranty
Interesting. I have never noticed this problem. Though same as you, my car has been in the garage for most of the time during covid as I work from home.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts