2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2019 BP Mazda 3 OWNERS Manual Pdf

25K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  perseus 
#1 ·
Here is the new 2019 BP Mazda 3 OWNERS MANUAL for North American Market.
Close to 600 Pages.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tsd.mazdausa.com/Mazda_Owners_Manuals/2019/2019_Mazda3_OM.pdf

Mazda Navigation SD Cards will not be Standard Equipment, but must be bought as a Mazda Accessory from Dealer.:surprise:

=================================================================

Couple of things worth Noting..

BE VERY CAREFUL with Wiper Arms or Wiper Blades, DO NOT Place ANYTHING Under them, like pieces of card or paper, or releasing UP to clean.
Why, well like most in this all new car almost EVERYTHING is monitored by ECU/BCM/PCM Including the Wipers and IF they have to be reset, this can ONLY be done by using Mazda Diagnostics MMDS/MDARS to reset and re-train the Wipers.

Also for those technically interested, the Ford/Mazda IDS used by Mazda Dealers for the past 20+ years and some Independent Garages or Shops can NO LONGER be used from all new Generation Mazda's made from the BP Mazda 3 ON-WARDS.

This completes the divorce 100% from Ford as Mazda has been using the Ford IDS under agreement while some products are still jointly made, the final product is the Mazda BT-50/ Ford Ranger which finishes production at end of this year.

The current Bosch VCI or VCM II can still be used for Pass-Through to PC, BUT the all new for Mazda MMDS/MDARS .Msi (BOSCH) user file is installed on Dealers Tech PC, but interfaces LIVE via Cloud and Mazda Distributor/Dealer Portal Access Login.

So, no repairs for diagnostics and coding of modules, Keys, Wipers, all i-Activesense, PCM can be done independently by anyone other than an Authorised Mazda Dealer.

How PAID access will work is yet to be confirmed.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Since OBD-II was in 1996. There's been some concept talk on the new standard.

OBD-III ?

faults are picked up by a monitoring technology and reported to a regulator and the vehicle owner is then directed to get further testing and possible repairs.

on-board cycle of fault detection, notification and follow-up testing and repair (concepts)

Just an update - 2019's are still on the OBD2 standard

#4 ·

BE VERY CAREFUL with Wiper Arms or Wiper Blades, DO NOT Place ANYTHING Under them, like pieces of card or paper, or releasing UP to clean.
Why, well like most in this all new car almost EVERYTHING is monitored by ECU/BCM/PCM Including the Wipers and IF they have to be reset, this can ONLY be done by using Mazda Diagnostics MMDS/MDARS to reset and re-train the Wipers.
Yes seems the wipers need to be moved into service positions before raising them, I've attached a .pdf file showing this, please note the file extension needs to be renamed to .pdf from .csv before viewing.

Attachments

#11 ·
OBD III has been talked about since 2000, and has never extenuated.....perhaps in another 10 years?, OBD II has served well and can handle all of the AI stuff in the pipe AFAIK.

As far as electric Wipers are concerned in all new Mazda's, the YT Video shows how to reveal and expose them and how to.

THIS IS NOT, Repeat NOT the procedure 'if' Owner or Dealer puts them out of alignment by moving or forcing them or placing cardboard signs under the Wiper Blade/s, this can ONLY be re-calibrated via MMDS/MDARS @ a Mazda Dealer service Department.

#18 ·
You can lift them up a couple of inches for a flyer. The bigger concern, I think, is that the wiper smacks back down onto the windshield and breaks the glass. My dealer did just that a couple of weeks ago to mine just trying to inspect the wiper to see if it needed to be replaced. Personally after a wash, I simply lift up a couple of inches to towel dry, but service mode is easy enough once you remember it's just a double tap upwards in ACC mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.