2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, so I recently purchased a Pearl White Mz3 GT Sedan this year and absolutely love it. It is my first car in LA after ubering for three years. I was browsing on here and saw a few of yalls builds and go inspired lol. I started out small, but plan on some costlier changes later on so bear with me. This is specifically for cosmetic purposes only as I do not intend to race the vehicle. Pictures to come asap. I also have an instagram for it @ZoomZoom3GT. Thanks for your support and input!

So far I have purchased
-All weather mats #18
-Tinted 35% front and 5% rear
-Removed the front plate #8
-Black Mazda door latch covers #2
-Door Sill scuff plates #5
-Roof gloss black wrap #35
-Chrome deleted grille and window sill panels #32
-Rear debadge and new Evil M logo #32
-Interior CorkSport LED kit #45
-License plate/ reverse LED's #45
-Evil M tire valve caps #42
-Tinted Taillights #47

Future mods include
-drop (Koni FSD and Eibach)
-Switchbacks
-Wheels and Tire upgrade
-Carbon Fiber interior wraps
- etc etc etc

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a 2017 white hatch GT. Got some of those....but like the door latch covers. Similar to the door sills, they help make the door edge not look so naked. Think I'll be getting a set.

Just be careful where you park your car in CA....Some cities are aggressive about issuing tickets for no plates. If you get pulled over for a traffic stop, the cop will probably add that onto your ticket as well.

But living in NY now, CA isn't anywhere near as aggressive as NY for those tix. Even Maserati's with their nice Trident logo have plates in NY...not something you ever see in CA.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2017 white hatch GT. Got some of those....but like the door latch covers. Similar to the door sills, they help make the door edge not look so naked. Think I'll be getting a set.

Just be careful where you park your car in CA....Some cities are aggressive about issuing tickets for no plates. If you get pulled over for a traffic stop, the cop will probably add that onto your ticket as well.

But living in NY now, CA isn't anywhere near as aggressive as NY for those tix. Even Maserati's with their nice Trident logo have plates in NY...not something you ever see in CA.
yea they definitely add a little something. love the scuff plates, and as for the front plate I completely understand where you are coming from.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
A lot of dealers install the door sills, cargo mat, tailgate sill plate (for hatches) and lock nuts for the wheels as part of their dealer prep. Mine didn't as our car was hours off the boat and my wife decided on the white car while I went to the restroom and they plugged that one out of inventory. I just bought them from an online Mazda dealer. Had no idea we were actually buying a car. I had 2 friends buy hatchbacks from the same dealer and they were installed.

Don't get me started on the license plate. I outlined what I did on another thread and why... especially living in NY. I should actually post pictures some time as I'm proud of how my bumper protection looks. Living in NYC, drivers are either not very good, or not respectful of other cars when parallel parking unlike most drivers in CA.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A lot of dealers install the door sills, cargo mat, tailgate sill plate (for hatches) and lock nuts for the wheels as part of their dealer prep. Mine didn't as our car was hours off the boat and my wife decided on the white car while I went to the restroom and they plugged that one out of inventory. I just bought them from an online Mazda dealer. Had no idea we were actually buying a car. I had 2 friends buy hatchbacks from the same dealer and they were installed.

Don't get me started on the license plate. I outlined what I did on another thread and why... especially living in NY. I should actually post pictures some time as I'm proud of how my bumper protection looks. Living in NYC, drivers are either not very good, or not respectful of other cars when parallel parking unlike most drivers in CA.

If I wanted them installed it would have been full factory price which I dont like to pay full price for anything lol. I lived in NYC for 4 years so I am familiar with the bump system most drivers there have lol. I have even seen cops bump pedestrian cars when trying to park and not even care. Ill have to go check out what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
I made it thru my first winter in NYC without the all-weather rubber mats as I don't drive my car in the snow, slush or wet salty roads anyway, but was tempted to buy before the winter. Maybe next year, but then I might get them now just to have them as they look OK in case I find myself near a planned trip to a muddy park with the dogs. I got a little salt dust on my carpeted mats a couple of times this year. I prefer the appearance of the carpeted mats as they are there to protect and get dirty as well. I just remove them and give them a quick cleaning slap & rub every week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
here is a link to the bumper plugs I used
$9!!! Ouch. Those plugs appear to be just regular interior push fasterners that you can get your local auto parts store for less than a dollar each. I've seen them at Lowe's also. But hey, kudos to the seller for clever marketing. I wish I would have thought of it.:smile2:

Reactions: ZoomZoom3GT

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
$9!!! Ouch. Those plugs appear to be just regular interior push fasterners that you can get your local auto parts store for less than a dollar each. I've seen them at Lowe's also. But hey, kudos to the seller for clever marketing. I wish I would have thought of it.:smile2:
Yeah, standard fender liner or mudflap type retainer pin. 15 in a box at Advance Auto for about $5....:surprise:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I made it thru my first winter in NYC without the all-weather rubber mats as I don't drive my car in the snow, slush or wet salty roads anyway, but was tempted to buy before the winter. Maybe next year, but then I might get them now just to have them as they look OK in case I find myself near a planned trip to a muddy park with the dogs. I got a little salt dust on my carpeted mats a couple of times this year. I prefer the appearance of the carpeted mats as they are there to protect and get dirty as well. I just remove them and give them a quick cleaning slap & rub every week.

The carpet mats were nice, just got too much dog hair that sticks to them. I also like the red 3 detail on the rubber mats

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I saw someone recommended them in one of these threads, so i just ordered some lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, standard fender liner or mudflap type retainer pin. 15 in a box at Advance Auto for about $5....:surprise:

You recommended some interior LEDs, what brand were they again??

1 - 20 of 71 Posts