2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Picked up my M6 Signature on Saturday. Lovin' it.

Chazzy, you find the camera quality is poor for the rear and 360 cams?
Congrats!! It is definitely a hell of a car. Just wait until the engine gets all adjusted for your fuel (if not already). I'm sure you've put at least 200 miles on it by now.

As for the quality, I honestly never noticed, but I can see your concern. For me it's a little excessive on the "wide lense", so that might be distorting the quality a little bit. But they get the job done so far now that I've had the chance to understand the 360 view

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chazzy J, thanks for the fog light and CD updates. I can see on interior pictures that there might be enough room where the CD would be, to install a wireless phone charger. Does this area have plenty of room? I'm still waiting for my 6 to arrive. Supposed to be in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i test drove a 6gt reserve a week ago and felt the same about the new engine - it was literally dealer prepped the morning i came to test drive it so i dont know if they put premium in it or that it still has to calibrate for a while or even just be broken in

i feel my 2015 3 2.5l with no mods felt more responsive and a bit more fun when you wanted to play around

was kinda a disappointment even though its a wonderful car- just not what i had hoped

the saleswoman did tell me they use a suction style ventilated seat instead of a pusher style - she tried to tell me it was a better way to keep you cool as it pulled air/moisture off of you

no idea how true that is - felt good and wasnt too noisy when running

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that Mazda limited the torque out put of the engine in the first 3 gears or so to mitigate torque steer, that's probably why the car feels too refined for some of the folks here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Chazzy J, thanks for the fog light and CD updates. I can see on interior pictures that there might be enough room where the CD would be, to install a wireless phone charger. Does this area have plenty of room? I'm still waiting for my 6 to arrive. Supposed to be in a couple weeks.

Oh yes my friend, there's definitely enough room. I know there's kits out there for this - just not sure what the labor would be on having to tap ignition power wires etc and how much interior you'd have to take apart. But I have a Samsung Note8 (they don't come much larger than that, and it fits perfectly sideways in the area where the CD player would be. So I would presume if you can find yourself a kit and know how to install it, you should be all set.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
i test drove a 6gt reserve a week ago and felt the same about the new engine - it was literally dealer prepped the morning i came to test drive it so i dont know if they put premium in it or that it still has to calibrate for a while or even just be broken in

i feel my 2015 3 2.5l with no mods felt more responsive and a bit more fun when you wanted to play around

was kinda a disappointment even though its a wonderful car- just not what i had hoped

the saleswoman did tell me they use a suction style ventilated seat instead of a pusher style - she tried to tell me it was a better way to keep you cool as it pulled air/moisture off of you

no idea how true that is - felt good and wasnt too noisy when running

I just want to caution you guys on test drives with these new turbo 6s. I was severely disappointed on my test drive too, but I also understand what the motor needs to do -- very similar to OVT tuning with their handheld flash tuner, but the motor is already programmed to determine differences in fuel types - it just takes a while for it to get the timing optimal. Here's how I explained to the other guys on the Mazda6 forum:

"I do want to caution on the test drives here guys. There's a programming curve at play here on these new cars. Coming from the 2.5L OVTuned world, I understand how the engine works when it gets flashed for 93 Octane. It's a complete dog for the first 100 miles while the knock sensors adjust to their new standard of operation. While the programming ideology is nothing new, you do have to know what to expect from a motor that functions with these dynamic programming methods.

When the new 2018s arrive on the lot, the ECU has no idea what kind of fuel is in the car since Mazda went the route of dynamic knock sensors. So over the time, the ECU first puts the ignition timing at a safe level when it arrive on the lot, and as miles are put on the car, it incrementally adjusts that ignition timing to create more power. It will continue to incrementally adjust that timing until the knock sensors determine threshold based on the fuel.

Suffice to say, when you test drive one of these new 2018s, the power your experiencing, is not the actual power the engine puts out, so don't let it fool you. I will say, I was thoroughly disappointed in my test drive until I realized what the motor was doing. Today, with 800+ miles on the motor, I will say that thing is a different animal than the one I test drove -- granted I'm using 93, but the same theory I described above is true with 87. The engine has to first determine what kind of fuel you're using before it can really wake up.

Just something to keep in mind when you're going for a test drive on these. Case and point, I could barely get the tires to spin from a stop, and now I can light them up in first gear. It's quite an amazing difference"

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just want to caution you guys on test drives with these new turbo 6s. I was severely disappointed on my test drive too, but I also understand what the motor needs to do -- very similar to OVT tuning with their handheld flash tuner, but the motor is already programmed to determine differences in fuel types - it just takes a while for it to get the timing optimal. Here's how I explained to the other guys on the Mazda6 forum:

"I do want to caution on the test drives here guys. There's a programming curve at play here on these new cars. Coming from the 2.5L OVTuned world, I understand how the engine works when it gets flashed for 93 Octane. It's a complete dog for the first 100 miles while the knock sensors adjust to their new standard of operation. While the programming ideology is nothing new, you do have to know what to expect from a motor that functions with these dynamic programming methods.

When the new 2018s arrive on the lot, the ECU has no idea what kind of fuel is in the car since Mazda went the route of dynamic knock sensors. So over the time, the ECU first puts the ignition timing at a safe level when it arrive on the lot, and as miles are put on the car, it incrementally adjusts that ignition timing to create more power. It will continue to incrementally adjust that timing until the knock sensors determine threshold based on the fuel.

Suffice to say, when you test drive one of these new 2018s, the power your experiencing, is not the actual power the engine puts out, so don't let it fool you. I will say, I was thoroughly disappointed in my test drive until I realized what the motor was doing. Today, with 800+ miles on the motor, I will say that thing is a different animal than the one I test drove -- granted I'm using 93, but the same theory I described above is true with 87. The engine has to first determine what kind of fuel you're using before it can really wake up.

Just something to keep in mind when you're going for a test drive on these. Case and point, I could barely get the tires to spin from a stop, and now I can light them up in first gear. It's quite an amazing difference"
thats good to know

wish i could get a test drive in a more broken in vehicle - i doubt i will be seeing these in rental car lots for some time

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

thats good to know

wish i could get a test drive in a more broken in vehicle - i doubt i will be seeing these in rental car lots for some time
Let's just put it this way. As a person who drove a stock 2.5L, then an OVTuned 2.5L for 93 octane (and was quite impressed), and now a 2.5T...you will not be disappointed once that engine breaks in on 93. Better performance all the ways around, easily - as to be expected

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chazzy,

Sorry to hijack this thread a little but because I haven't posted that much I am quite limited what I can do on this forum and the 6 forum.

I think I've found a bug in my Mazda6 Signature 360 camera system.

I've noticed that I can't toggle the 360 view when in reverse. As it works now, I can only use the 360 view system when driving forward. When in reverse, I can only see the wide view option. It almost looks like the settings button on the bottom of the screen is not where it should be and it's covering other buttons.
I've attached a picture.

Are you able to toggle to the top view/rear view option when reversing or are you also stuck at the wide angle view only?

Hopefully my picture linking is working.

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Chazzy,

Sorry to hijack this thread a little but because I haven't posted that much I am quite limited what I can do on this forum and the 6 forum.

I think I've found a bug in my Mazda6 Signature 360 camera system.

I've noticed that I can't toggle the 360 view when in reverse. As it works now, I can only use the 360 view system when driving forward. When in reverse, I can only see the wide view option. It almost looks like the settings button on the bottom of the screen is not where it should be and it's covering other buttons.
I've attached a picture.

Are you able to toggle to the top view/rear view option when reversing or are you also stuck at the wide angle view only?

Hopefully my picture linking is working.
Hi there. Posted over in the 6Club Forum. I see you're in Nova Scotia, so that sends that theory out the window. But yes, I am unable to toggle as well. I played around with it a little bit to see if it was setting that I was missing, but I couldn't find anything.

I will say it's quite handy when wanting to make sure you're centered in the parking spot -- off shifted to one side or another for that matter. Kind of annoying definitely, but I do still get some use out of it. I have to do a pseudo parallel park in my garage to make room for the wife's car, so I do use it in that instance as well. But yes, silly Mazda did that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has there been
The latest:

Modified front license plate to be lower and not overlay on the bottom of the grille's chrome -- much better now.

Also added 20mm spacers to the rear. Those rear wheels were waaaaay too tucked
Has there been other upgrades since?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts