2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not envious.
Ha, thanks man. I can tell you this car is in a class all by itself...crazy...

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I really liked my 2014 6. Thinking about ditching the 3 for a new one.
If it fits the bill and you're lifestyle I'm not gonna say, "no! Don't do it" haha.

I will say it's nice to see the kiddo have a little more room in the backseat and not so squished in there. But who am I kidding, I totally bought this thing because I wanted to haha

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Waiting for whatever is gonna be installed on this spankin new 6
You know, and as most of you know, I'm all about using as much OEM stuff as I can, and sadly, Mazda doesn't look like they're doing an OEM Aero Kit for this 6. The rear diff won't retro, so that was sad. That's not to say they won't put something together, but I'm not sure exactly how much modifying I'm gonna do to this one unless I can find something aftermarket that is exceptionally tasteful. No rush on that for the moment -- just soaking in the new car haha.

·
Registered
504 Posts
you guys are lucky. probably only going to start seeing things come through around july/august down under. the new 6 is not even pre listed on their website as a coming soon.. although the cx-8 is..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gratz on the new car! How do you like the new seats? Have you got a chance to try out the ventilation function?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Gratz on the new car! How do you like the new seats? Have you got a chance to try out the ventilation function?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well from a comfort factor, the new seats are absolutely amazing. Very very well done and comfy.

While New England is not necessarily known for being warm this time of year, it's also not known for being 35 degrees either. This has just been a much colder than normal April up my way -- things have even started to green yet. By now we normally have stuff budding and greening up. It's just cold, bitter, and "enough is enough" with the length of winter we've had here. Hell, just snowed 3 days ago. Kinda crazy. Oh well - rant rant rant -- that was not your questions, but in answer it, no, I haven't tried the vented seats yet -- heater works great though lol

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I noticed they eliminated the CD player on the new 2018 Mazda 6. An item of the past, or am I wrong?
Ha, yup. They do still get a CD player in other countries, but not in the U.S. I guess they assume everyone uses their phone now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Congrats on the new car Chazzy! I do wish they have the 2.5T for the CX-5, hopefully in the future and I might trade it in for that since the car is quite a bit heavier lol I'm interested to hear about how the fog lights work on this car as well :D I do have a question tho, the mazda3 and cx-5 and probably other most skyactiv engines they rev pretty loudly when cold start in the mornings, does the new 6 do that too?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Congrats on the new car Chazzy! I do wish they have the 2.5T for the CX-5, hopefully in the future and I might trade it in for that since the car is quite a bit heavier lol I'm interested to hear about how the fog lights work on this car as well :D I do have a question tho, the mazda3 and cx-5 and probably other most skyactiv engines they rev pretty loudly when cold start in the mornings, does the new 6 do that too?

adding @oldfartwithamazda3 because he had the same question regarding fogs:

Ok, so yesterday I tried to figure this out. I'm not even sure you can call them fog lights in all honesty. As we're all aware, when our normal headlights are on, we see a green light icon on our dash. So I've noticed from time to time, that my headlight appears on, but is not indicated on my dash -- this happens mostly at dusk. So it's almost like the headlight has 4 settings:

1) The standard DRL LED that automatically comes on in "Drive"
2) The "fog light" which acts in unison with the DRL LED, but outputs a lower wattage that your standard low beam
3) The standard low beams
4) The high beams

So I guess it's not incorrect to say the Fog light is now actually integrated into the headlight assembly, but it's all the same piece. There's no way that I can tell to turn on option 2 manually -- it's decided by the car based on the outside light (assuming you have auto headlights turned on). I can tell when it's option 2 because there won't be a green light indicator on my dash lights showing the headlights on, but they're definitely on. I was able to catch it last night just as I pulled in the driveway, and I can confirm there's a notable difference between option 2 and the option 3 lowbeams light output when I manually turned my lowbeams on and off to toggle between option 2 and option 3.

Hopefully that's helpful guys. I'm not really sure there's a better way to explain it.

In relation to your question about engine grunt, that is actually one of the things I notice significantly -- and it's not a bad thing, it just doesn't match what Mazda tried to do with the rest of the car. This car overall is very "mature and elegant" (as Mazda intended -- they hit the nail on the head). But man, when you step on the accelerator, the engine is loud and it sounds mean. It's got a very deep, very throaty "wine/roar" to it when you make it work. Almost a little bit too loud -- even if the engine is cold or warm, you can notice it. The NVH (road noise) is 1000% better than it was in my 3, so Mazda got that right. And under normal cruising you can't even hear the engine, but when you make that engine work, it definitely lets you know it's there.

I know Mazda is big about their gas mileage and likes to be able to claim is the most fuel efficient brand out there - even with no hybrids. But the 2.5T is NOT good on the MPG, and I have the sedan 2WD. I can only see it being worse with AWD (while that'd be super cool). So as to whether or not we'll see this motor is any other models, I wouldn't hold your breath. I think vehicle sales is going to be a key indicator if Mazda brings this 2.5T to other vehicles. Not sure they're ready to lose their claim of most fuel efficient brand. They love to be vocal that there's a future for gasoline engine and that hybrds and electrics are not always the answer, and right now they have bragging rights to being the most fuel efficient brand with a lineup that is purely gasoline (+ Diesel). Just a thought -- Mazda is always changing the/their game though, so who the heck really knows what they're up to? All I know is they're doing some pretty cool things right now, and this 6 Signature is definitely proof of that.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for the update :D very interesting about the headlight/foglight set up on this car, I do prefer the look of the separate fogs not sure why mazda went this way. In regards to the NVH, there was a huge difference coming from the mazda3 to the new cx-5 and mazda improved the new 6 even more so I can only imagine how quiet this car is on the road. Enjoy the car and looking forward to your new mods :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ha, yup. They do still get a CD player in other countries, but not in the U.S. I guess they assume everyone uses their phone now.
My wife just got a 2018 Lincoln MKZ and I was surprised that it had a CD player. I told her old people still use them:grin2:

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The latest:

Modified front license plate to be lower and not overlay on the bottom of the grille's chrome -- much better now.

Also added 20mm spacers to the rear. Those rear wheels were waaaaay too tucked

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am wondering if this Signature trim has ambient lighting in the footwells and door pockets? Can you confirm this for me?
I am starting to look at these for my vehicle but no dealers have them yet.
Manual says "some models" have this feature. I guess this would be the model to have it but I have no way to verify.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I am wondering if this Signature trim has ambient lighting in the footwells and door pockets? Can you confirm this for me?
I am starting to look at these for my vehicle but no dealers have them yet.
Manual says "some models" have this feature. I guess this would be the model to have it but I have no way to verify.

Thank you!
Yes it does. Front and rear footwells, all 4 door pockets, single ambient LED in the overhead console. Brightness of all is controlled via infotainment unit; high, medium, dim, and off

Reactions: GTeyes

·
Registered
295 Posts
How was a dealership experience? I tried to poke around a few but an arrogance and silence beyond control like I'm making a request to high end brand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My experience was awesome. The dealer brought the car in for me to see from another dealer about 2 hours away. I feel they were just as excited to sell it to me as I was to buy it.
I had done a lot of reading about it so I knew more about the Signature trim than the sales person, but I'm used to that.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts