2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mazda3 has no real issues with Bluetooth unless I connect to another car (or sometimes just a bluetooth speaker at home). The next time I get in my car it says it connects, music is playing on my phone, but no sound comes out of the speakers and no track information shows on the infotainment screen. It isn't fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting or a hard restart of my phone. Forgetting the car on my phone and trying to reconnect just gives a pairing error and the Mazda doesn't even show up as Mazda on the phone; it just says 'Handsfree device'. I've had success in the past with unpairing the phone, shutting of the car and the phone, restarting both, and then repairing from scratch but today that isn't even working. I still see music playing on the phone but there is no track info on the infotainment screen and no sound out of either the car or the phone. I'm pretty annoyed to say the least to have a brand new car that can't handle it when I occasionally connect to my boyfriend's car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hm, weird. I also have iPhone 6 and I switch between various bluetooth devices multiple times a week (including other cars audio) and have never had such issue. Don't think it's car related (maybe some car specific glitch though). Do you see your Mazda in a AirPlay menu (switch between audio devices on you phone)? When you pick it as a audio source, it shouldn't play on the phone speaker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean the Bluetooth menu? I do see it there and when this happens, it shows that I'm connected but doesn't play sound through the phone speaker or the car speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last try: did you add volume on your mobile phone (not car)? I think by default it is set to minimum and you have to manually set it to max. Same also mentioned in car manual, in bluetooth troubleshoot section. I know it might sound too obvious, but once I had this issue with rental car, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts