2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I purchased a 2018 Mazda 3 GS Sport back in early November and it was last serviced April 2022 with 62000 km. It is now at 66400 km, and I only put in 200 km since getting it earlier this month.
Today the orange wrench icon appeared on my dash which indicates a maintenance is needed I believe, but according to the car's maintenance information it shows scheduled maintenance is 4 months away / 7833 km, tire rotation is 5166 km, and oil change is 5576 km away. Should I still bring this into the dealer? Or is my car good for 4 months or 7833 km whichever comes first?
I'm a new driver and this is my first ever car purchase so I'm still learning all about cars and how to take care of it properly. Should I get a second opinion and go to a mechanic that works on Mazdas?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I've found it very useful to only use the "scheduled" option and turn the others off. Anything other than the oil change is not as critical. Not saying don't do it, just schedule it in with the oil change. Skipping a tire rotation isn't a big deal...

Know when my tires get rotated? When I swap the summers/winters....they wear just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts