2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring for my son and there are two things that are troubling me.

First, the 2018 Mazda 3 sounds like a great car, save the Infotainment System. To be honest, I'm extremely surprised that Mazda has fallen so far behind the competition in this regard. So, here's my question. Is Mazda's Infotainment system upgradeable? If so, do you think it's possible that Mazda will release an upgrade to its system that will enable Apple Car Play or does that require some underlying technology that the current system simply doesn't have?

And second, last year my other son and I test drove a Toyota Yaris iA (i.e. Mazda 2). During the test drive, we got caught in a terrible downpour. Although the care performed flawlessly, one thing that was inescapable was the apparent lack of insulation in the roof. The noise from the downpour was deafening. That said, do Mazda 3s have the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help. If anyone has any advice and/or recommendations before we make our purchase I would be most appreciative.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hello.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring for my son and there are two things that are troubling me.

First, the 2018 Mazda 3 sounds like a great car, save the Infotainment System. To be honest, I'm extremely surprised that Mazda has fallen so far behind the competition in this regard. So, here's my question. Is Mazda's Infotainment system upgradeable? If so, do you think it's possible that Mazda will release an upgrade to its system that will enable Apple Car Play or does that require some underlying technology that the current system simply doesn't have?

And second, last year my other son and I test drove a Toyota Yaris iA (i.e. Mazda 2). During the test drive, we got caught in a terrible downpour. Although the care performed flawlessly, one thing that was inescapable was the apparent lack of insulation in the roof. The noise from the downpour was deafening. That said, do Mazda 3s have the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help. If anyone has any advice and/or recommendations before we make our purchase I would be most appreciative.
some undercoating in all the wheel - reduce noise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts