2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring. I used to own a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport, but after driving in my parents CX-9 Touring I decided to trade it in for a new one.

I really love the car (Will post more pictures soon), it handles better and the Dark Silver rims look sharp so no need for any aftermarket wheels. I bought the NAV chip from e-bay for only $65 so that saved me the $500 they were asking for at the dealer.

The only gripe I have is the headlights and the DRL lights. I am used to seeing the CX-9's Bi-Xenon headlights and LED DRLs when I look from the rear view mirror as I drive in front of it. I was sadly disappointed when they didn't offer the LED Lights package for the Touring without upgrading to the Grand Touring. I had a budget as I am still a college student and couldn't get that sexy mazda signature look for the headlights.

I've been looking into replacing the OEM lights and needed some guidance. To my knowledge the low-beams are H11 bulbs and the Highbeam/DRL use 9005.

Will these kits below work? Also I do you think this is something I can do myself? I am worried about the wiring, I may get the harness that attaches to the battery.

I cannot post the links due to my limits but here are the model numbers. They are from XeninHID

High Beam: 9005 Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit
Low Beam: H11 Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
Hello,

I've been looking into replacing the OEM lights and needed some guidance. To my knowledge the low-beams are H11 bulbs and the Highbeam/DRL use 9005.

Will these kits below work? Also I do you think this is something I can do myself? I am worried about the wiring, I may get the harness that attaches to the battery.

I cannot post the links due to my limits but here are the model numbers. They are from XeninHID

High Beam: 9005 Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit
Low Beam: H11 Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit
Will they work? Probably, but you may want to look into this a bit more. HIDs produces a lot of UV radiation. If there is no UV protection the reflective coating inside the light box can be damaged and output severely reduced.
LEDs are a better choice here. The new LED bulb designs seem to work really well, but need a small adapter harness to retain DRL functionality.

These are the bulbs I have
H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 LED Headlight Bulbs Replacement

This is the harness, its the R1 option for the Mazda 3
Acura Honda Lexus High Beam LED Daytime Running Lights Decoder Modules

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will they work? Probably, but you may want to look into this a bit more. HIDs produces a lot of UV radiation. If there is no UV protection the reflective coating inside the light box can be damaged and output severely reduced.
LEDs are a better choice here. The new LED bulb designs seem to work really well, but need a small adapter harness to retain DRL functionality.

These are the bulbs I have

This is the harness, its the R1 option for the Mazda 3

store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-Decoder-Relay-Wiring-Kit-p/led-drl-decoder.htm]Acura Honda Lexus High Beam LED Daytime Running Lights Decoder Modules
Thanks for the reply! Been caught up busy with finals and finally managed to get back to modding my 3. I was able to get ones similar to yours: ebay.com/i/380679828611?chn=ps

The install is pretty simple with the resistor connected to the passenger's side and using that 3-in-1 decoder on the driver's side to power both LEDs.

Here's an instruction guide on how to do so. store.ijdmtoy.com/Lexus-RX330-RX350-Install-9005-LED-DRL-On-High-Beam-a/429.htm]Install 9005 LED daytime running lights for Lexus RX330 RX350

I changed out the LOW beams and the HIGH beams without having to remove the bumper successfully. The low beams can be accessed by going under the wheel well. I'll post pictures when I can on how I did this. It's a tight squeeze but it's definitely manageable. :laugh2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts