2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Figured I'd shared this story in case anyone was interested. I backed out of a parking spot about a month ago and hit a concrete beam as I was turning the car to exit the spot. See pictures below for the damage. I badly scraped and dented the door skin and rocker panel, and there was a pretty big scuff on the rearview mirror and the turn signal indicator glass broke. I got everything (except some scuffs on the black trim on rearview mirror) repaired and received the car back yesterday. Unfortunately, the repair shop had a few defects in the paint job and the door gap was slightly off. Overall it looked good, but it will need to be fixed. I will post more pictures once they fix the job. The total repair cost was $1740 in Houston, TX, and of course the repairs to the repairs shall be free.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is after most of the paint correction was performed. The COVID-19 scare is forcing the business to shut down, so I still have to come back one more day to get it finished. The last few defects are mainly on the 1/4 panel near the windshield. See some pictures below of the job 80% complete. I'll submit one more update once all the defects are fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts