2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I have seen a lot of posts regarding navigation, but none specifically for this issue. I currently have a 2015 Mazda 3s Touring. I am now buying a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring. I tried swapping the SD card from the '15 to the '18 and I received the warning "Invalid SD".

Does anyone know does the '18 Touring come with a navigation SD card? If it does not come with the SD, is it just a matter of getting the '18 download onto the SD card or is there hardware to get as well (shark fin)? I will be picking up my '18 later this week.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Definitely not. If you reformat it you probably will also loose the license stored on it for the original car. There are three possibilities:
1. The card was never updated online - the locking to your original car’s VIN is only on the card and possibly can be reversed (if updated online it’s almost certainly irreversible)
2. Hack the SW in your Mazda so that it pretends to have the sane VIN to your GPS system
3. Buy a new unused card, either from Mazda or with a bit of luck from eBay

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have seen a lot of posts regarding navigation, but none specifically for this issue. I currently have a 2015 Mazda 3s Touring. I am now buying a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring. I tried swapping the SD card from the '15 to the '18 and I received the warning "Invalid SD".

Does anyone know does the '18 Touring come with a navigation SD card? If it does not come with the SD, is it just a matter of getting the '18 download onto the SD card or is there hardware to get as well (shark fin)? I will be picking up my '18 later this week.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
In fact your specific issue has been asked and addressed a hundred times on these threads. You can't swap cards!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts