2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2018 3 sedan with the bose system, and have replaced the corner dash speakers with Infinity Reference 3022s and the center dash with an Infinity Kappa 300M speaker.

That was a huge improvement, but I'm finding that some parts of songs, particularly around the lower mid range almost sound like they're missing or de-emphasized. Is there a way to correct this without doing a major upgrade? Maybe some add-on to adjust the eq beyond what the bass/treble stock eq provides?

My current eq setup is centerpoint on, rear fade +3, bass +1, treble -2. I've found that moving the treble up doesn't really help the mid-low sound and just makes the system sound too bright in my opinion.

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Bose system in my Miata has a 2 ohm full range driver in parallel with a 4 ohm tweeter. The impedence difference is used to avoid using a proper crossover circuit. It's a clever and cheap solution that gives pretty good sound, with the bonus that it adds a brand name you get to pay more for, but most serious upgrades start with a full amp-ectomy. Maybe your problen is caused by not correctly matching the the impedence of the new drivers, or a long shot possiblitiy is that you incorrectly phased the high and mid- range drivers and you get poor sound where they overlap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts