2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a big problem with my new Mazda3. When I set the front headlights to "auto" and go into "adaptive" mode, the car lowers the high beams way to late so pretty much everyone driving by are signaling me to turn of the high beam. So i dont get anything out of the ALH system since i do it manually. Is there any fix or way to adjust the lights to already lower themselves when there is light in the distance? Og at least lower the long beam to a level that doesnt irritate the other drivers????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely not normal, unless you have some obstruction on your windshield (e.g. film, condensation, etc). I believe there is a setting on the infotainment that deals with the automatic high beam settings, under vehicle settings. Mine is instant. As soon as a car comes in the opposite direction, high beams go off.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
Hi all, i have a big problem with my new Mazda3. When I set the front headlights to "auto" and go into "adaptive" mode, the car lowers the high beams way to late so pretty much everyone driving by are signaling me to turn of the high beam. So i dont get anything out of the ALH system since i do it manually. Is there any fix or way to adjust the lights to already lower themselves when there is light in the distance? Og at least lower the long beam to a level that doesnt irritate the other drivers????
Auto headlights just turn to full brightness/tail lights on, when it gets dark.

Once you push the turning lever forward - auto high beam is on

·
Registered
570 Posts
So the adaptive headlights and auto switch high beams are two separate operating functions. However, you seem to indicate that that when you turn on the adaptive headlights from the infotainment your auto high beam function is not working properly. Correct? If what you are indicating is accurate, then turn off your adaptive headlight function in the infotainment and see if your auto high beam headlights work...again remembering to have the switch turned to auto and the lever pushed forward. Report Back.

Also, as pointed out make sure your windshield is clean. Beyond that the next step would be to first reset the all the light settings on that lighting menu in the infotainment...Sometimes just turning on and off a function will reset to work properly. Finally, do a factory reset of the entire system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts