2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace the stock bose rear pillar speakers but I'm having trouble finding info on it. Crutchfield has 0 speakers listed for the C-pillar but I swear I remember reading about someone replacing them. If anyone has done this some tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
You typically replace the 6.5" BOSE woofer in the rear doors. The tweeters that come with the replacement speakers will go in the rear pillars.

Same for front. Replace the 6.5" speakers in the doors and the tweeters go in the dash.
CK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Or.......and this all depends upon what you are trying to do

Delete rear doors...worthless in their position anyway

Replace Rear C pillars with Coax 3.5" or 4" or a component set (add hole for tweeter)

Replace Front Doors with 6.5" or 7" (odd ball size, but can be found) mid-woofers

Replace Front Corners with 3.5" Coax or Components (may have to be creative with mounting)

Replace Center with 3.5" Coax or Component....(or be creative and use two Sony 2" woofers (from cube home theater speakers) and a tweeter with a custom crossover)

Add a Sub-Woofer in the hatch area, I recommend a single 12" in a ported enclosure.

The above requires DSP processing to eliminate the Bose EQ crap and a 5.1 amp setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I replaced the dash speakers with some Infinity reference 3.5 speakers and that made for a nice upgrade. I was looking at the service manual and pulling the trim off for the C pillars looks like a pain. Lots of hoops to jump through like pulling off other trim and cutting a lead wire (What is that about?). Is it really that complicated? And I'm still not certain if the 3.5 speakers that I want to put back there will even fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know its too late but, I replace mines with

2.5 inch Morel CCWR254 and using Metra mounting bracket 82-3016

Its a perfect fit and you can install the pillar cover with no problems.
BTW... dont get fool by the size of those speakers, they are loud and reaaaaally good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts