2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I hope that is true for all who are buying future model year Mazda 3's. Would be excited products!

However, those of us who have been around for a long time (our upcoming Mazda 3 will be our 53rd vehicle), know that for every 100 rumors, including those shared by automotive brand employees, maybe 5 come true. Why? For lots of reasons, but typically since the vehicle business is so competitive, and as many have been fired for talking out of turn/for sharing upcoming product secrets, those in the know are smart enough not to say anything.

I know one person who works for Mazda corporate and give him credit for his 100% integrity, i.e., not only have I not asked, but know he would never share what has not been officially already publicized by Mazda media. I also have a friend who works for GM Corvette Powertrain, knows every Corvette powertrain enhancement/change through the 2022 model year, and even after a BBQ and few beers at his house, his lips remain sealed.

Rumors are easy for all of us to come by; facts about future automotive secrets are hard to come by.

·
Registered
157 Posts
seems suspect to me. I had read that they are working on the HCCI engine which will be in 2018 as a 2019 model. I doubt they would make an engine change midway.

·
Super Moderator
5,663 Posts
Check out this comment I saw on Instagram today from a Mazda dealer

Some dealer mentioned an AWD 2.5t mazda6 being released among other things. That's pretty badass

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
AWD is already a fact in Japan. The 2017 diesel powered Axela has AWD available. From there its only short jump to swapping in the 2.5 turbo gas motor from the CX 9.
When I bought my 3 the dealer told me that the 6 would soon have either AWD, turbo or both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWD is already a fact in Japan. The 2017 diesel powered Axela has AWD available. From there its only short jump to swapping in the 2.5 turbo gas motor from the CX 9.
When I bought my 3 the dealer told me that the 6 would soon have either AWD, turbo or both.
Any idea what causes the delay between Japan models and US models?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Any idea what causes the delay between Japan models and US models?

Mazda launches last in the US not only because it's Mazda's most important market, but also the most astute, demanding, competitive, and litigious.

A serious misstep in the US could be catastrophic for tiny Mazda, so it likes to flush out any demons in more forgiving parts of the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts