2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Does anyone had done headlight retrofit on the 2017 that comes with halogen bulb? Bi-Xenon or lenses swap? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
Hey guys! Does anyone had done headlight retrofit on the 2017 that comes with halogen bulb? Bi-Xenon or lenses swap? Thank you!
If you mean replacing the low end halogens with the high end lighting system, you might want to check the co$t before you get to far into this.....:surprise:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did lens swap on my OEM bi-xenon w/ LEDs.

Clear lens swap isn't worth it.
This is OEM w/ clear lens

This is OEM w/ HID

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arathol Yeah man, I don't want to go too far away on this mod, I was just planing to do something that gives me better light output. I already have installed Morimoto HID kit and also I am planing to open the headlight to paint the orange reflectors in black, so that's why I am looking to upgrade the lenses or the projectors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did lens swap on my OEM bi-xenon w/ LEDs.

Clear lens swap isn't worth it.
This is OEM w/ clear lens

This is OEM w/ HID
chutoyy thank you for posting this pictures. I have halogen headlight that I have installed Morimoto kit. I believe the 17 GT has better lenses since they carry the LED headlight. When did you do that? Did you do by yourself?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lenses and projectors won't help much without bulbs that produce more light.
I already got the HID Morimoto kit that improved a lot my light output, but I think it can get better. That's why I am doing some research to do lenses swap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm interested in getting better bulbs, didn't want to start a new topic for it. Seems to fit here.

I have the standard halogen projector. Wanting to put Xenon HID or LED, but don't want to change anything but the bulb. Also of course don't want light scatter or to blind oncoming traffic. Just would like a slightly brighter, whiter light.

Is that possible? And if so, what are some recommendations on bulb?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm interested in getting better bulbs, didn't want to start a new topic for it. Seems to fit here.

I have the standard halogen projector. Wanting to put Xenon HID or LED, but don't want to change anything but the bulb. Also of course don't want light scatter or to blind oncoming traffic. Just would like a slightly brighter, whiter light.

For a simply brighter slightly whiter bulb you can still use halogen and have a great result.
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...alogens/1409801-ryan-s-guide-to-halogen-bulbs

I did this to my car and with proper aim and alignment you'll have an amazing lower cost upgrade that also conforms to the needs of the halogen projector. Took me all of 15 minutes taking my time and making double sure on all my cuts.

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts

Yes it is possible. There have been a number of discussions about this lately. Use the search function to find them.
There is also a sticky with many pages. Read the last few-----

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...9-official-3rd-gen-hid-picture-thread-23.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
The light output on my OEM LED headlights on my 2018 GT is impressive. Some of the brightest, clearest headlights that I've had on a vehicle. I went through retrofitting projectors into the headlights on my last vehicle with clear lenses, etc. and they were not nearly as bright as these are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just hope everyone that changes out their bulbs with brighter bulbs goes to a garage to make sure the headlights are correctly adjusted. This is coming from someone that continually blinded by these bright white bulbs. I personally think they are a menace on the road for on coming traffic because they are so blinding. I'm sure I'll get attacked for that statement but that is my opinion and your MMV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts