2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I'm trying to get behind my plastics on the inside of my hatch to seal up some badge holes but I don't wanna just start pulling plastics off. Anyone got any pointers/tips? A DIY would come in clutch right now haha.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haha.... I'm a few thousand miles away from my car now but... Start by pulling the piece off at the top of the window (you look right at it when the hatch is open), then remove the previously hidden push clip on the left and right side trim pieces followed by removing the ball mounts for the cover shield thing (the top half of the ball partially pulls out, then you pull out the entire clip... Proceed to pull those side pieces off. Then you just pull down on the big plastic part on the hatch... IIRC you may need to remove the handle pocket.

Be careful with the side trim because they do have those stupid metal clips which bite on pretty tight.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha.... I'm a few thousand miles away from my car now but... Start by pulling the piece off at the top of the window (you look right at it when the hatch is open), then remove the previously hidden push clip on the left and right side trim pieces followed by removing the ball mounts for the cover shield thing (the top half of the ball partially pulls out, then you pull out the entire clip... Proceed to pull those side pieces off. Then you just pull down on the big plastic part on the hatch... IIRC you may need to remove the handle pocket.

Be careful with the side trim because they do have those stupid metal clips which bite on pretty tight.
Thanks! I was looking at it and found the push thing at the bottom but after popping that out I was looking at it thinking, "No, something still isn't right. I need to look into this more." Now I can seal up those holes from behind and be set>:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts