2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a new Mazda 3, model 2017. There is a new color HUD but it shows only speed and no traffic
signs and navigation arrows as promised. Is there a software bug or something else? Firmware version is 59 00 443 EU.
How does traffic signs recognition work anyway? On windshield is a camera, does it actually read signs or just take them from
navigation info? In that case this is a poor solution since signs can change much faster than navigation data....
Can anyone help? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, navigation is installed (SD inserted) and it works. I just don't see anything on the HUD....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i set a destination, driving around with guidance on: "...Turn left, after 100 meters turn right.....". I enable option to show guidance on Hud but nothing helps. On my previous Mazda 3 (2014) with
Firmware 56 xxxx I had no such issue - it works fine. So this is very frustrating and I'm already starting to believe that changing from previous to a new model was a mistake....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, i set a destination, driving around with guidance on: "...Turn left, after 100 meters turn right.....". I enable option to show guidance on Hud but nothing helps. On my previous Mazda 3 (2014) with
Firmware 56 xxxx I had no such issue - it works fine. So this is very frustrating and I'm already starting to believe that changing from previous to a new model was a mistake....
i think its setting issue, go to main setting and AD-Disp navigation and active driving display both should be checked

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, today i was driving to work and again navigation directions WERE NOT SHOWN on HUD.
So I have to go to Settings-Display and re-check option for showing directions on HUD (even though this option was checked).
It looks it is a bug anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You probably removed your SD card. I noticed that after you remove SD and put it back again you have to go to HUD settings to reenable navi and speed limit signs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same issue.

The traffic sign is working fine on the HUD, but every time I start the navigation route, I need to go into the AD display menu and switch the navigation info off and back on, and it has to be done a little slowly for it to work every time.

This is clearly a bug, and will likely be fixed with a new firmware version.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just discovered the other day that on my 2017, without the Nav Card, you don't get the speed signs. FYI, I thought I had read that the Mazda has road sign recognition, but if it does, it is not where I live (North America) I guess.

However I have never had any HUD issues displaying anything as long as the Nav card was working. Just recently it stopped but I'm running a clone of my OEM card and had to sort out a validation issue.

Oops .... I see that you are running 59 00 443 EU ... not sure which version I have but it's North Amer so maybe it is something with that firmware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi There,
I'm having the same problem with the hud. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. after reset every thing is working. def. a bug!!

Mazda 3 2017 model GT-M version EU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Mazda dealer informed Mazda already, but they told them, that the bug was fixed in 449. But this bug still exists in Firmaware 59.00.449 EU...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,
I think I have found a workaround:
after the update to .449 I had the exact same issue - no guide on the HUD.
Off and On of the option in menu helped, but only for one ride.

What I did:
1. Start the car
2. Add some destination in Navi (no direction on the HUD so far)
3. Off and then On the option in Settings - directions appeared on the HUD
4. Stop the engine, lock the car
5. Open the car and start the engine - previous route should remain in Navi and direction signs should still be shown on the HUD
6. Cancel the route

From this point, directions appear every time I add new destination, even after restart.

Hope that helps....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts