2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.... I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this topic has already been covered.

My husband and I just purchased our first Mazda. It is a 2017 Mazda3 5-door, grand touring in snowflake white pearl mica with parchment interior. We are having the windows tinted out dark and would like to add some more sportiness with black/dark rims. Originally we thought of going with the Mazda3 Rays Forged rims from the dealer. We liked the idea of the rims being Mazda factory equipment. After talking with the dealer more about pricing and such we opted to not go that route.

This is where we need your help and suggestions. We have looked up several rims online and gone into several local rim shops and seem overwhelmed and at a loss. We have seen rims we liked and the pricing was good....but our main concern.... is the rim going to be the right fit/look for the car. You see cars around town all the time that are a good match but then you also see a lot of nice cars with nice rims that do not fit either by style, sticking out to far and etc. We would like to use the stock tires (P215/45 R18) and not lower the car any.

Suggestions....thoughts on this topic??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2017 Grand touring in black. Went with a set of 18" Konig Tweak'd rims. They are Gloss Black with red stripe. They look super with my Black color. Got them from Discount Tires, cost me around $600.00 with a $100.00 rebate. Anyone want to buy my take-offs? Will sell them for $50.00 each,you pay shipping.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Lots of strong opinions here about different wheel sizes (pros and cons of each), wheel styles, and of course, black or not wheels. Nice thing is we all get to choose what we want on our car -- for our visual and other priorities are different. Here's what we choose, Mazda's 18" dark alloy accessory wheels. List at $299.95 each;we paid $224.75 at our dealership. And one of my priorites, so easy to clean!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
If you tainted ur windows dark black accents would make the car look good, I went with the k150 from katana 18x8.5
the stock tires are not very good but they can be stretched to give it that JDM look
More info @ Youtube @ JDM4LIFE

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts