2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some 2017 Mazda 3 detailed Interior/exterior walk around impressions videos

Grey Sedan Hybrid, black leather pay attention to the dash when it turns on to see the battery charge display and notice what looks like battery storage in the trunk.

Black hatch, white leather

Red Hatch, cloth interior

There are few more videos on his channel, but all the models shown have manual parking brakes (the e-brake is exclusive to 2.2L models in Japan)

Also Japanese commercials for the 2017 (2016 in Japan) Mazda 3 in Grey and Red

·
Registered
228 Posts
Interesting, but clearly not US spec. They get seat memory and power lumbar and the updated dash, but the center console is the same as the prior gen. Strange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Odd that not all models get the new center console layout. Also looks like lowering the grille logo made the corners of the plate cover some of the chrome trim. Wonder if their plates are as tall as the US versions & ours wouldn't fit within the trim either, kind of be a small nitpick for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Odd that not all models get the new center console layout. Also looks like lowering the grille logo made the corners of the plate cover some of the chrome trim. Wonder if their plates are as tall as the US versions & ours wouldn't fit within the trim either, kind of be a small nitpick for me.
Yes that is one of the things I don't like about the logo displacing the plate and cutting into those chrome lines. I just checked online and Japanese license plates are 13x6.5 inches, ours are 12x6 so hopefully won't look as bad. It's probably why they raised it in the first release, but then forgot why they did it on this refresh.

Another thing I was a bit thrown off was the contrasting purple/brown leather with the black leather, would have preferred something different, but I'm sure I can live with it. The white is very luxurious but knowing me I'd hate cleaning it all the time. I'm a prospective 2017 Mazda3 GT buyer so I'm glad to get an early look on what's coming.

As for the new layout, it requires an electronic parking brake which the base models in Japan aren't coming with. All the 2017 Japanese Mazda 3 trims are already listed here (I recommend using Google Chrome to translate the page to navigate it). I expect stuff like the seat memory to make it over here, Japanese spec is different in engines and power train, but things like inside interior should be the same, just distributed differently across the various trims and premium/tech packages.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Don't worry, the plate relocator from [email protected] should still be around to address that.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts