2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up last week. Mazda 3 GT w/ Premium Package.

Loving it so far! Looking for some custom exhaust options. Let me know whats out there, other than the corksport...

instagram: @datkidfromTO

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,392 Posts
Corksport is loud, and some serious quality concerns have recently been brought to light.
There are stickies in the performance section........

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corksport is loud, and some serious quality concerns have recently been brought to light.
There are stickies in the performance section........
Sweet, I'll check them out!

Yeah i love the car, my only complain is that it is TOO quiet. Which is probably a good thing for most people.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome datkidfromTO! Congratualtions on your new beauty! Good luck on your exhaust hunt. Racing Beat, which I have, is wonderful, but guessing to quiet for you. Borla has really good one -- I believe with the best quality of sound.

Lots of YouTube videos to help you.

·
Super Moderator
6,392 Posts
Sweet, I'll check them out!

Yeah i love the car, my only complain is that it is TOO quiet. Which is probably a good thing for most people.
The problem is there is loud and there is loud. Some exhaust systems sound loud from outside but the noise level is fairly quiet inside the car at speed.
Other systems are loud but drone badly inside the car at the same speed. That gets old real quick.:smile2:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have the CS Cat Back and I cant complain about it, anymore. lol.
I have an auto and sometimes the drone because of the roads I drive was bad.
BUT, recently I got the OV Tune and it doesn't bother me at all.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
The problem is there is loud and there is loud. Some exhaust systems sound loud from outside but the noise level is fairly quiet inside the car at speed. Other systems are loud but drone badly inside the car at the same speed. That gets old real quick.:smile2:
So true! Our Borla in our C5 Corvette was delightfully loud around town, on one hour or less trips. On many-mile-day trips however, the drone inside would give you a headache. No fun. A friend bought an Borla Atak exhaust for his C6 Z06, and despite layers of progressively adding sound deadening, his girlfriend finally told him she would never ride in it again for more than a half hour trip (and she didn't). Bye bye C6 Z.

The Borla system for our Mazda 3's is much quieter (by design) than for the Corvette. Whether it is perfect or too loud on the 3 is very subjective.

·
Super Moderator
6,392 Posts
Well, I just noticed something. Unfortunately the OP is in Canada. Its going to be a very expensive proposition to import an exhaust from the US to Toronto. As was laid out in the recent CorkSport thread, a $500US system turned into an $1100CAD nightmare.:surprise:

Ultimate Racing is in Toronto. Maybe they can help out. :wink2: As the tips on the UR exhaust are replaceable, its quite possible that the system can easily be modified to fit a sedan. :smile2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I just noticed something. Unfortunately the OP is in Canada. Its going to be a very expensive proposition to import an exhaust from the US to Toronto. As was laid out in the recent CorkSport thread, a $500US system turned into an $1100CAD nightmare.:surprise:

Ultimate Racing is in Toronto. Maybe they can help out. :wink2: As the tips on the UR exhaust are replaceable, its quite possible that the system can easily be modified to fit a sedan. :smile2:
Thanks for the responses guys! I'm going to check out ultimate racing since that would save me a lot of trouble and money lol.

Corksport's shipping fees are ridiculous plus import duties on top so it doesn't really make sense to go with that.

I'm going to check out the Borla exhaust too. I want to keep drone to a minimum though.

·
Saab ex-pat
9 Posts
I've been looking for an exaust for my sedan. From my research the corksport is too loud, the racing beat is as quiet as stock, but the magnaflow is low and delightful. The only problem is it's only available catback and is pricy. I will probably get to magnaflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts