2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There. Just got 2017 Mazda 3 and I love it but the factory speakers (no Bose) are far from perfect. I want to upgrade to new Infinity speakers but what confuses me most is the tweeter, specifically the crossover part of it. For those of you who know about car audio more than I do just a few questions. If I install 2 way speakers front and rear do I have to upgrade tweeters? If down the road I do decide to upgrade the tweeters anyways do I have to get separate crossovers for them or it is enough to just replace the factory tweeters with new once? Since I am planning to upgrade all speakers to 2 way speakers do I even need the dash mounted tweeters? By reading other posts it looks to me that installing and wiring crossovers it the most painful part of upgrade this is way am leaning towards just 2 way speakers in all doors. Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention.

·
Banned
842 Posts
The speakers you choose depends on your budget, what you like in your personal lessening preference. Everybody has a different ear. Generally speaking seperates when possible as they produce better quality unless you use a specific frequency and are restricting what they produce.
Dash mounted speakers for me bring adjustable celerity to missing sounds as long as you do not get background noise that some think is in the music reproduction itself.

Not sure why anyone has problem wires "simple" passive cross overs??? Or for that matter any speaker wiring? The only time many have problems is wiring multiple speakers on a single channel to get the correct or target ohms.

Sometimes you need to go through a few different speakers to get what you ultimately want. There is no perfect solution and much building a Audio sound system is trail and error.

I have been slowly upgrading my 2018 BOSE system and have invested a few thousand now doing all the labor myself. This also includes installing sound proofing the doors and I am getting ready to completely remove the interior to sound prof the floor pans.

Good Luck with your Project! :grin2:

You can go see some of my Stereo upgrades on my build thread.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...interior/218898-nitro-s-mazda3-avocation.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts