2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain if the led fog lights for the 2017 mode is worth buying? I understand I need the console switch and was wondering if there is a factory part number for everything needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
A couple of members here have discussed that the fog lights on the 2017 are pretty much useless, they serve pretty much for aesthetics purposes only.

There is a small thread about this on the sub-forums.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A couple of members here have discussed that the fog lights on the 2017 are pretty much useless, they serve pretty much for aesthetics purposes only.

There is a small thread about this on the sub-forums.
Essentially. Typically, LED headlights have such a good light spread (in the 3 also) that it renders traditional fog lights useless. The only vehicles with actual dedicated LED fog lights that do something I've seen are the BMWs equipped with them, where the LED fogs are so bright they might as well be low beams.

From inside the car, when I turn my LED fogs on, it doesn't change anything in darkness, the LED headlights are that good. In fact, they have me thinking the bi-xenons on my other car are awful!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Essentially. Typically, LED headlights have such a good light spread (in the 3 also) that it renders traditional fog lights useless. The only vehicles with actual dedicated LED fog lights that do something I've seen are the BMWs equipped with them, where the LED fogs are so bright they might as well be low beams.

From inside the car, when I turn my LED fogs on, it doesn't change anything in darkness, the LED headlights are that good. In fact, they have me thinking the bi-xenons on my other car are awful!

I`ve seen many Mazda 3 with led headlights and I think they have more intensity than my standard hid from my sgt
but you are right when it comes to led foglamps. only works for sthetic

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the input. If I were to say go about getting them for asthetic purposes is there a kit part number or do they have to ordered with all different part numbers?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Typically it's per part number, just start a quick google search and plenty of parts sites will show up. Shop around after you have the PN's.

2017-18 fog lights are useless in the aspect that they don't contribute anything that's not already there. 2014-16 stock fogs were garbage but with the morimoto LED fog lights they were essentially a second set of headlights even with HID. Notice the new mazda 6 does not have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts