2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install my Hella Horns and throw my front lip on at the same time, so I'm removing my front bumper to do both. I can't seem to find a factory service manual online for the 2017, or even a DIY for removing the front bumper. Not trying to break any tabs or screw anything up during the removal so I'm seeing if anyone has any info on the process of removing the front bumper.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
117 Posts
There's a 2014 Workshop manual on this site, it might give you some insight for removing the front bumper...
HTHs
Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
if it's anything similar,

I have the 2016 model. it should be around 25 pins that you need to remove from the area around the hood latch, two bolts from the intake inlet (one pin is hiding under there), like 3 (I think) in both wheel wells, and a few pins and bolts along the front where the lip will go. I used this video down below as a reference. its literally a bunch of clips holding the thing on. when done correctly, pulling it off might sound like your breaking something ( hopefully you're not ). there are two white spikes holding the center of the bumper together. those sound terrifying when you first do it. after you get the bumper damn near off, you gotta disconnect the turn signals (press on a latch and they slide off), remove the clips holding the harness to the bumper (you might need some needlenose), and then the harness holding the foggies if you have them.

hope this helps!

Reactions: Road Trip and zs_3

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've done it to my '16 about 10 times already. It's easy, although with an accidental slip both of my #1 clips are broken (closest to wheel well) but are secured by the screw in the fender so it's ok. Be patient with the fender clips and you're ok, the grille isn't that scary just get a firm grip closest to the inside of the headlight on either side and pull. I assume the process shouldn't be too much different from the video since most of the changes are visual.

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts