2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has noticed the quality of the image when using the backup camera? To me it's absolutely garbage. Has anyone tried upgrading the camera?

·
Registered
336 Posts
What do you not like about the image quality?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find it fuzzy and not very clear!

I’m not sure if it’s the poor quality display or camera but surely it wouldn’t have cost much to put a half decent camera in if it is the camera

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is it dirty? Wet your thumb or a kleenex or something and give it a wipe.

It serves it's purpose.. just fine for me.

Reactions: CJR238

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I’m in the habit of always walking past and wiping the camera before I get in so it’s not that, I soon realised how dirty they get with the dirt and spray in the rain lol!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I find it fuzzy and not very clear!

I’m not sure if it’s the poor quality display or camera but surely it wouldn’t have cost much to put a half decent camera in if it is the camera
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but overall, I find the image quite clear. Only time I have a problem with image is when lower angle of sun creates a flare or glare on lens, but that is to be expected...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I try not to clean the little lens with anything abrasive, that might scratch it, and then the show is over... I use microfiber or lens tissue on it, but perhaps that is taking it too far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I just use a microfiber cloth with detailing spray or occasionally with my thumb.

I did think about putting some rain x repellant on it or something but haven’t yet

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fine for me too. Sure its not 4k, but your just looking to see that you are not going to hit something. Also if you don't clean it the lens can get pretty poor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Other than having to wipe it once in a while to keep it clean i have no issues with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts