2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a new 2017 Mazda 3 which came preloaded with the firmware 59.00.502 on the MZD Connect.
I was looking forward to modifying the software, but of course it looks as though the USB has been locked down.
As discussed in this thread

200450-aio-tweaks-firmware-ver-502-read

(cant link as im new sorry)

I applaud the efforts of the folks in the above thread, but it seems as though most of the breakthroughs here are for folks who were running the previous software and were able to keep it 'open' to modification.
I tried the AIO software which is great - but without a way to load via USB, its redundant sadly.

So I decided to start a new thread.
Is there any hacks that can be performed on a Mazda that has been preloaded with 59.00.502?
(without having to pull out the whole dash!)

I've seen MZD theme and MZD Applicent apps, which appear to be able to modify the theme via WIFI ...
but was unable to workout the IP Address of my Mazda to do this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It can be done with serial console cable. Someone has done I think. Just it's not as simple as other methods

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah it can be done via a serial cable and knowledge of linux but not AIO hacks. Mazda shut it out a few months back. I would stick to viewing the AIO sticky for the most up to date info on the situation

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm aware of the serial cable method... but not really wanting to go that far.

My query is more around whether AIO will ever be made able to work ?

Also- what about those apps I mentioned that work over wifi - do they still work ?

·
Mazda Fresher
125 Posts
If I recall correctly, wifi is disabled by default from Mazda, and only is enabled with initial AIO tweaks usage. Mine was on a lower firmware so I could enable that and in theory, it will stay enabled once it gets set to 502.

However, if you are already on 502, the only method I've read about is a straight serial connection into the Linux OS. I'm not aware of any other way currently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I recall correctly, wifi is disabled by default from Mazda, and only is enabled with initial AIO tweaks usage.
I don?t think this is correct...

I was able to connect my Mazda to my iPhone?s personal hotspot.

I think wifi connectivity it part of the new software.

I?m not entirely sure what the purpose was, but I could tell it was connected because my iPhone had the blue pulsing bar up to and the Mazda said it was connected,

·
Registered
3 Posts
@micelo07

All versions after v59.00.502 have taken away the ability to install tweaks.

Currently, there is only one solution how to resolve it using a serial connection, but it's not so easy.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
No, no news. Status so far:
  • If your MZD firmware (FW) is below 59.00.502 you can install AIO tweaks (www.mazdatweaks.com) from factory (from FW 55 onwards) and have to do nothing.
  • If you want to update from a FW below 59.00.502 to a FW up to (including) 70.00.100, you can install the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO tweaks, to be able to install tweaks via usb after the FW update.
  • If you are already (eg. from factory) at 59.00.502 or later (up to/including 70.00.100), installing tweaks via usb is blocked from factory. Only solution to be able to install tweaks via usb is to do the serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial.
  • If you are at 70.00.335 or later, you have to do the ID7v2 serial access at every FW update again: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for being able to install tweaks via usb afterwards.
Please keep in mind, that installing tweaks and doing FW updates by yourself are at your own risk. You could brick your MZD/CMU. Mazda never intended to let users do FW updates or tweaks (only dealers should do FW updates). Tweaks are not necessary - they are only fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, no news. Status so far:
  • If your MZD firmware (FW) is below 59.00.502 you can install AIO tweaks (www.mazdatweaks.com) from factory (from FW 55 onwards) and have to do nothing.
  • If you want to update from a FW below 59.00.502 to a FW up to (including) 70.00.100, you can install the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO tweaks, to be able to install tweaks via usb after the FW update.
  • If you are already (eg. from factory) at 59.00.502 or later (up to/including 70.00.100), installing tweaks via usb is blocked from factory. Only solution to be able to install tweaks via usb is to do the serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial.
  • If you are at 70.00.335 or later, you have to do the ID7v2 serial access at every FW update again: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for being able to install tweaks via usb afterwards.
Please keep in mind, that installing tweaks and doing FW updates by yourself are at your own risk. You could brick your MZD/CMU. Mazda never intended to let users do FW updates or tweaks (only dealers should do FW updates). Tweaks are not necessary - they are only fun.
Oh cool thanks. I originally planned to upgrade to 70 firmware. And well. I guess I got lucky I have the 59.441 version. But even then, I am reading people with same firmware I have have stuttering problems. Now all I have to know is what tweaks work flawlessly with my firmware. People should make a thread on that.

Obviously in this case, latest version isn't always the best. Too complicated system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts