2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2014-16 lip from BaysonR will fit the 2017 model?

Also, has anyone seen any new lip created besides OEM that says it will fit the 2017 HB?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been researching this same topic and the answer is no, the front bar is different on the BN model. I haven't found any other lips besides the oem version so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been researching this same topic and the answer is no, the front bar is different on the BN model. I haven't found any other lips besides the oem version so far.
Hmm, thanks! I just bought it with a yolo mentality but then I just contact BaysonR just to make sure... its hard finding a nice lip :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Talked to Kevin from BaysonR, and this is what he had to say:

"We have tested this front lip on the 2017 model Mazda 3. We find that this front lip somewhat fits on the 2017 models. However, it will require a bit additional work which is warm up this front lip for a little more before doing the installation. Once this front lip is warm up, it will become more flexible and you will need to pull the center front a bit further out in order to get it install. This is why we only listed this front lip fits up to the 2016 models. However, we are not able to promise the 100% perfect fitment of this part install on the 2017 model Mazda 3. Please see attachment photos that we have install this front lip on the 2017 model Mazda 3."

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fyi there is a person on the board who bought this and installed it. There was a small gap on both sides where it wrapped around the corner. But otherwise fit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ohhh I didn't know that. Do you happen to know where the images are at?

I downloaded it when he posted it (which I could recall whom to give credit) but here was the pic... Look on the curve right before the part that starts to come up.. you will see a slight gap. IIRC, he said it was less than a finger and no one would really notice it. You can get them off e-bay for like $90 so he took a gamble.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts