2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GPS shows 0 Satellites.
thinks I'm in texas
SD is installed, maps work, just not location.

Diagnostic shows open circuit in GPS
Have attempted to unplug replug cable to CMU, reset CMU, Clear Codes, pull negative off battery, reinserting SD, etc.
Still thinks I'm in texas.

So this points to a faulty GPS antenna.

GPS is out of warranty, so buy part off ebay and install no problem.

One problem

Part number for my antenna is BHP1 66 DY0
It's different from the part I commonly find online which has a short female connecter on it attached to the mounting plate. (BHP1 66 DY0A)

Mine has a long cable that's been wound up and stuck together with foam tape that plugs directly into the CMU.

So my question(s) are:

1) Am I doing something wrong? Does this part not plug directly into the CMU (I had it all un-plugged for AA/CP install)

2) does anyone know where to find my apparently rare part

3) Does anyone know the connecter on both the CMU and BHP1 66 DY0A so I can just buy a cable to connect the two.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
164 Posts
Hi
Check if the antenna is connected. Often when installing additional equipment when they remove the CMU, they forget to connect this connector.

·
Registered
165 Posts
"1) Am I doing something wrong? Does this part not plug directly into the CMU (I had it all un-plugged for AA/CP install)"

This connection (antenna-to-CMU) is the first place I'd investigate, since it's been disturbed and may no longer be making good contact.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like I might be able to use an MX-5 antenna with the wiring harness attached or other antennas that terminate in the male connector. ill have to unscrew it from the mounting plate it comes with and put it on mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have, but because this part is not the one in most cars it might take some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts