2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 facelift now has a perfect grille, w/ complete set of blades...
Look at 2014-16's:

Here's the Facelift:

The hitch w/ the new grille? Same grille-covering plate placement & the OE holder needs 4 HOLES drilled.

I've been approached by those who've gotten/planned to get the 2017 facelift M3 to help come up with a solution, an option, or an update to the existing No-Drill Plate Relocator. The '14-'16 one won't fit, sadly. Had to start from scratch...
Finally after some wait, here's a sampling of how it looks w/ plate specs local to me:

This eliminated the drilling of 4 holes on the grille & the risk of misaligned, off-centered plate install. Above all, this frees up the 2017's perfect grille.:)

Should there be any concern about partial lower grille air flow blockage, this has long been tested & proven to have no observed effects on intake & coolant temps monitored thru the OBD in all traffic & drive conditions...in the tropics.

For North American plate applications, one would need to get this mounting kit from Amazon to pair w/ the relocator above:

or this Bell kit from NAPA:

Being a Mown3r, a 'revolutionist', a tinkerer & an enthusiast, passion for our cars was the lone drive to push thru great lengths to develop & share this kodo-enhancing mod. Why hide that beautiful smile, right?

This mod debuted in M3R, our hoM3, some 2 years back. Humbled by its warm acceptance, please allow me to just leave this update here 1st again.... for the '17up Facelift own3rs.:)
Happy Motoring!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool, would love to see this with the bigger North American plate to see how it looks. myself I just took the dealer frames and painted them covering up as much of the plates as legally possible

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool, would love to see this with the bigger North American plate to see how it looks. myself I just took the dealer frames and painted them covering up as much of the plates as legally possible

Shouldn't be much different from how the preFL looks w/ an NA plate size. Here are pics courtesy of of Mown3rs who shared...

One can adjust placement vertically, as seen above.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Seems strange that people would bother to relocate their front plate for aesthetic reasons, but then reinstall the ugliest frames around those plates... ?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@minsanity

Damn M, that didn't take you guys long at all to put that together! Very nice job as always.

Reactions: minsanity

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@minsanity

Damn M, that didn't take you guys long at all to put that together! Very nice job as always.
Thanks, @Chazzy J bud. Your car is looking super. Please share pics of your updates & projects.

This relocator version took longer than expected. First, there was the wait for Facelifts to arrive. Realized the tolerances for this 1 were kinda tight. Midsection is smaller, had to do proper reinforcements.:)
A handful shared their relief...4 holes are a bit too painful to drill thru that pretty grille just to install that front plate. Ouch.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another white relocation....good thing he dint follow what the sign said.:)

I've yet to see the other premium....machine gray....:)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another white....:)

These are now in the US. Hope to see pics of relocated North American BN M3s here.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts