2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yup, it fits exactly -- as expected.

The dash piece comes with the center vent attached and it ain't cheap. I'll post a part number as soon as I get it (sometime next week when the dealership closes out the work order), but I had to have my dealership do a little digging. I have the corner vents and door handle trim piece coming this weekend.

So now, regardless of your Mazda 3 (2014 - 2018 ) refreshed vs. non-refreshed, you have your choice of interior trim if you're willing to shell out the cash for it.

(and no, the new 2017 piece does NOT come with center vents that open and close. That's from a separate purchase I made on eBay -- it is an EXTREMELY HARD part to find, just FYI)

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here's your three choices of dash trim from OE Mazda:

And then obviously your corner vent trim and door handle trim can be dark "gun metal" or "gloss piano black"

Attachments

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
85 Posts
Having the vent open/close controls are something I've been really looking for. Have a passenger sometimes with me who doesn't like having air blowing at them. Having vents I can fully close would be a boon. Mind posting the part number if you have it of that vent model? I have a 2017 gt 3 with top package and still didn't get this, what a flaw in configuration management.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@turbonium911

Trust me man, if I could supply a part number for this I would. When I first got it, I spent a considerable amount of time taking it apart and trying to identify the part numbers. While I could get individual parts numbers, I'm here in North America where this part isn't offered. Meaning, when I look the part numbers up, nothing comes up because they're not in the North American parts catalog. I can confirm that they're part of a package, as in, you wouldn't be able to order the vents separately even if you wanted to. They come as part of the dash trim. So if you can ever order a dash trim (the long thin piece I identified in my pictures above) from a foreign country that has the vents that open and close, you would be able to snag it that way.

The part would comprise of #6 in the diagram (and no, I have no idea what the difference between Japan built vs. Mexico Built means)
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ine/body-cat/instrument-panel-components-scat

Or, here's another URL detailing the entire part
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...xNSZ0PXMtZ3JhbmQtdG91cmluZyZlPTItNWwtbDQtZ2Fz

I got mine for Lithuania via Ebay. Like I said, incredibly hard part to find. I have an ebay search saved in my favorites that I open every chance I get to look at it and see if any new ones have been added that I can snag and pass around the community, no luck though. The one I have is the only one I've ever been able to find - extremely rare part to find.

The only other thing I can think of is any community members in here that live in a country with vents that open and close that would be willing to take the information I just gave and check with their local dealership to see if they can supply you with a part number.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: turbonium911
1 - 6 of 6 Posts