2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, been awhile! I've been out and about playing around with my newest project, an old truck :p

Of course, my Mazda's still getting a ton of use and a little love too but I've strayed a bit from modding it and I miss it. So, I'm looking to do some subtle tweaks to it for now. First off, it's no secret I've hated my stock seats and I'd love to get something new. I shopped around for a set of sport seats but after buying brackets, sliders and the seats themselves I'd be in almost $1k with no functioning airbags in the rest of the vehicle. No thanks!

So my main question, should all Gen3 seats work with any year? i.e. Should a 2014 leather seat work with my 2017 cloth seat setup as far as airbags go? I can get a set CHEAP from a junkyard and I'd love to make the switch. Not worried about seat heaters as I have none currently and don't care to add any :p

Thanks for the help, glad to be back!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I cant say for sure but i would try to make friends with someone that has an RX8 or Mazdaspeed3 or maybe there is a set for sale in your local craigslist area.
Try popping your stockers our and see if they fit. but also compare hoe they mount to the sliders to see if you maybe need to change those out too.

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant say for sure but i would try to make friends with someone that has an RX8 or Mazdaspeed3 or maybe there is a set for sale in your local craigslist area.
Try popping your stockers our and see if they fit. but also compare hoe they mount to the sliders to see if you maybe need to change those out too.
I was very tempted to run a pair of Gen1 Mazdaspeed3 seats in my car but after catching so much flak for using a basic Mazdaspeed badge (not a Mazdaspeed3 badge mind you) to cover the holes in my hatch from the de-badging, I'm gonna avoid throwing any more Mazdspeed merch in this vehicle to please the sensitive Mazdaspeed crowd :p

Plus, I'm really trying to stick within the Gen3 Mazda3 range to avoid any extra hassles with mating sliders, airbag issues and such. I really like the leather seats in the Gen3's so I wanted to see if anyone's done it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Do whatever you want and you like man.
Don’t let all the haters get to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey did you ever end up trying this? I was looking at the same thing for my 2016 with some GT 2018 seats.
Unfortunately, I decided to discontinue my build before I ever got to this step. That being said, I was told by a few Mazda mechanics that I should have no problem swapping it over. But again, do at your own risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts