2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, my first post here. i have a few questions.
1 id like to trick my doors into thinking they are always closed so that the doorlock always functions no matter how fast i walk away. also, if i have a door open like relaxing with one foot out and i hit lock button... EVERY SINGLE DOOR UNLOCKS. now if i were in a situation.. and i hit the lock button to make sure someone DOESNT get into my car, it would unlock every single door exposing me. WTF is that. there is a way around this that i know of which is holding the lock button on the keyfob. but really in a second slicing moment im going to reach for the stationary lock button or if i loan the car and they are in this situation they will hit the button and undo any safety they had beforehand... any suggestions to defeat his miserable and frightening flaw in the locking programming?
2 can someone PLEASE send a pic of exactly what the back of the infotainment system for mazda3 itouring NO bose headunit. i want to know exactly what im gonna see when i open it. most pics are from the top of the headunig not whowing the lineup. also ive read that the oNLY way to add a subwoofer is to autopsy the wires on the unit. [I looked at mine and found that there are no rca outputs. The only Way to add sub is to autopsy. But i think i can get away with using the rear speakers as high lvl input instead for sake of stealth and length of wire.]

3 i just installed a dashcam and i notice my MPG dropped. could be a coincidence that my tire is a little low but i wonder if anybody else has had an issue like this where adding a sub or extra lights has actually dropped the MPG. i know it sounds impossible, but things are only impossible until someone finds a way. haha. gonna fill up the tire once i find my pump.

4 what is the weight rating on this car? front axle and back axle idk what the terms mean. and i can only find so much info about average garbage-vehicles.

5 my tire pressure monitor has never dinged me on a low tire. what is the threshold to set it off? fill up tires to proper psi and hold button for 5 seconds or so. but i never see any indication of anything really.

6 i have seen a (i believe its a dedicated for bikes) trailer hitch on another m3 16 and i wonder what the weight rating could be!

7 sometimes i hear a seriously loud snap/crack from the passenger side of the windshield... like a ninja hitting my windshield with a plastic stick super hard. and yes when im alone on the road. im guessing something to do with heat expansion, but how long till it breaks something?! anybody else have this issue??

8 i wish tere was a way to add different optiosn to favorites like bluetooth or aux. but super minor. or! something i really want would be to turn on the reverse cam without having to be in reverse.

there you have it. basically all of my worries, questions and upsets about the car. best car i have ever met. no fuss after 1 year. no recalls, awesome safety and mpg AND power. i am not worthy of this car! lmao.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any other options for speaker wiring harness when adding a sub to stock radio infotainment? Im thinking i could actually just tap into the rear 2 speakers for high lvl input.
Might be the simplest. I reaaalllyy dont want to chop up the stock wiring harness and 40$ is not what i want to pay for a wiring harness. Ive seen ONE wiring harness that requires power so that would again be me chopping into the main harness wires.
Any other simple low level outputs in the world?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts