2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Itt happened that I have got a spare set of my 2016 Mazda3 factory 16" wheels along with the 205/60R16 tyres. 0km brand new package.

I think it is not allowed to use this set as it is on my old 2003 Mazda3 is it?
Recently I have got 195/65R15 wheels which are very nice, very-very comfortable- way more comfortable to drive the old Mazda3 than my brand new 2017 Mazda3 with the factory 18" wheels.

Unfortunately I am a real car maniac so I continously thinking of getting a set of bigger rims on my old Mazda3.
Originally I was intended to buy a 17" set, but as I have already got the brand new 16" rims and tyres, I would be curious what are your opinion about using this new Mazda3 wheels on the old car.

Would they look OK on it? (maybe a 16" would be a wise compromise between the look and comfort).
Which tyres? 195 woud be ok, but it seems any of the 195/ tyres is at least 2x more expensive than a simple and traditional 205/55R16 size, so again, it wouldn't be wise to buy a set of exraordinary sized tyres). Of course it would better to use a tyre size with more thinner wall, but it also wouldn't be best for the comfort.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These are the original rims I have got recently on my old Mazda: (these are only 15s though I really afraid there aren't really any optical upgrade by using the new Mazda3 16" rims instead of them... along with the extra money spendig to buy a set of suitable tyres for them to fit the old Mazda3 right.

[/url]P8160498 by Nori Haga, on Flickr[/IMG]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts