2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone hit my passenger side mirror on my 2016 Mazda 3 iGT while I was parked on a one-way street and now it just wobbles back and forth. All the electronics work (motorized adjustment, indicator, blind-spot monitor) and the cap doesn't have any paint damage, but I know that I'll need to replace the whole assembly. I plan on doing the install myself. My question is this:
Can I purchase a replacement that doesn't have the blind-spot monitoring (which is about $50 cheaper) and just swap out my working electronics or should I buy the one with blind-spot monitoring and only worry about changing the painted cap? I'm not sure if there's any difference between the two other than the guts.
I was looking at getting one of the Kool Vue replacements. Any thoughts on their quality?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
So someone hit my passenger side mirror on my 2016 Mazda 3 iGT while I was parked on a one-way street and now it just wobbles back and forth. All the electronics work (motorized adjustment, indicator, blind-spot monitor) and the cap doesn't have any paint damage, but I know that I'll need to replace the whole assembly. I plan on doing the install myself. My question is this:
Can I purchase a replacement that doesn't have the blind-spot monitoring (which is about $50 cheaper) and just swap out my working electronics or should I buy the one with blind-spot monitoring and only worry about changing the painted cap? I'm not sure if there's any difference between the two other than the guts.
I was looking at getting one of the Kool Vue replacements. Any thoughts on their quality?
OEM is better quality to meet DOT standards and the blind spot feature is very useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I like the blind spot monitoring very much and don't want to lose it. That's why I'm wondering if it would still work if I transferred the guts of my broken mirror (again, everything works except the swivel joint that hold its position in place) into one of the replacement assemblies that doesn't come with BSM already.

And I'll look at the OEM prices instead of the Kool Vue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn't go aftermarket they are just all crap i tried that route once with my wifes Honda for my Mazda i get all my O.E. parts from this website I was told about i looked up your mirror and if I'M right it's like $125.00 https://www.mazdapartsprime.com/ I've been getting all my parts here now since i can save some cash. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts