2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a question about wheels and tires. I am wanting to buy used wheels from someone who has 17 inch x 8 inch wheels for a subaru wrx. I want to buy 215/60r17 tires to fit those wheels they are selling, though. Will changing the tire and wheel size affect the speedometer of my car? If so, how will it? Also, I am running 205/60r16 tires with the oem steel wheels and hub caps. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Correct. You can't use a rim with a center bore that is smaller than the hub size on the car.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Never heard of them until now. A quick look around at the specs says they are inexpensive cast aluminum "tuner" rims of the sort you would see at local bulk tire shops such as Firestone or TownFair Tire. If you are looking at 17" rims, the Banshee Racing rims are very heavy at 22 lbs for the 7.5" wide version. A halfway decent 17" rim shouldn't be more than 17 lbs. The TrackLite Gears on my car are 15 lbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never heard of them until now. A quick look around at the specs says they are inexpensive cast aluminum "tuner" rims of the sort you would see at local bulk tire shops such as Firestone or TownFair Tire. If you are looking at 17" rims, the Banshee Racing rims are very heavy at 22 lbs for the 7.5" wide version. A halfway decent 17" rim shouldn't be more than 17 lbs. The TrackLite Gears on my car are 15 lbs.
Oh okay. I found that my OEM steel wheel weighs 25 pounds and this icw wheel weighs 26 pounds. My oem is 16x6.5, icw is 18x7

·
Banned
12 Posts
I'm a long-time owner of a 2007 Mazda 3 sedan, and when it came time for my younger sister to buy a car I was pretty bullish on the Mazda 3 line. So she looked at Edmunds, test drove a bunch of cars, and settled on the cheapest new Mazda 3 available: the I-Sport. Edmunds estimated that because it's a sedan, it would cost $100 / mo to insure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts