2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to this. I own a 2016 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan. Just wanna get some info on what mods you guys might think are best for me. I'm going to an exhaust shop on Saturday so wanna get some info beforehand. Thanks!

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Don't straight pipe, you'll regret it. I've seen exhaust videos that someone threw on a Vibrant 1790 resonator instead of going completely straight pipe and it sounded great.

Mods really depend on your style. There's a few people out there that have parts, Corksport, James Barone Racing, and a few others. Just depends on what you're looking to add. There's front lips, side skirts, rear valences, spoilers, various odds and ends as well like rally flaps and front license relocation kits. There's also performance stuff such as springs, shocks, sway bars, wheels, and tons of other things! Come check out my build thread, I'm kind of throwing a lot of everything at my hatchback right now.

Welcome to the Mazda family!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd go for replacing the rear plastic panel beneath the bumper with one made to show the exhausts. Then run the exhausts out to show. Think this is being done on the models after 2016 or 17. Maybe 18?

Ralph

·
Registered
158 Posts
welcome to the forum! I would definitely avoid a straight pipe, my buddy did it to his 2015 and the cabin drone is unbearable. Our cars dont offere a ton for mods, but there are a few like people mentioned above, SRI, a few different exhaust, coils/springs, braces, RMM (probably only do that if you have a manual)

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome. there are tons of mod suggestions on this forum, in lots of different threads. Before modding, think it a good idea to decide what you are looking for, e.g., a show car, more power, more sound, or some combination of those?

There are many threads with sound clips of good aftermarket exhaust systems you might wish to check out in this forum and/or YouTube.

Best of luck. And if you want a short cut to finding out some possible mods, click on the link in my signature box.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
I just started with mods to my 2016 Mazda 3 S Touring HB.

I started small and am working my way up to the bigger ticket (more pricey) items.

My first mod was to replace all of the interior lights with LED bulbs...my second mod was to install a footwell lighting kit (red to offset my all black interior & match the red stitching) and now I'm installing a K&N 69 typhoon cold air intake and a K&N air filter.

My next set of mods will be a Corksport Rear End Sway Bar and a Cat Back Exhaust.

FYI... Corksport just updated their site if you want to check it out. It's a good place to get you started with ideas and the kind of pricing you'll be in for.
CK

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there any reason why I shouldn?t straight pipe? Or delete the muffler?
Because it's all increased volume at the expense of worse performance, which translates into looking like a moron to the rest of the world.
But then, there is a lot of people who think loud equals good, and while your car will actually have less torque and horsepower, those people might be impressed.... I guess it all depends on what you're after... performance? Or looking cool to morons.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My neighbor has a 2002 Honda Civic, When the muffler fell off, he refused to replace it.. he likes the "race car" sound. :grin2: Every time I've been in his car I felt like I couldn't hear anything else, certainly not the music, much less him talking...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Along with showing the dual pipes (they're there), put in a muffler similar to what the Miata has. The 3 has an absolutely whimpy sound on revving (before letting the clutch out) vs. a nice growl by our Miata (2013 NC GT).

Ralph

1 - 15 of 15 Posts