2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT hatch
8 Posts
Better to use jack stands. Rotate the tires, clean and inspect the brakes. And don't forget to perform the GDI valve cleaning process before changing the oil. And clean the MAF sensor. Do all that and she'll be tip top.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you just want to do an oil change.... ramps answer the mail. The rest of the stuff mentioned two posts earlier is great... but life gets in they way and an oil change should not take more than about :30 tops from start to clean up.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use ramps for oil changing. Quick, easy, efficient. The front-wheel-drive smoothly pulls its way up the ramp, but you still have to be careful to not go too fast and risk going over the top. For me, it's always a quick jab at the brakes when it gets to the top, and I never had a problem with that; maybe a little sliding of the ramps is all.

I do also put jack stands under the frame after its up just to make sure the ramp doesn't fail in some way. Mine are made of some kind of plastic-type material and are maybe 20 years old. They still look good and show no sign of fatigue or deterioration, but you never know. It's worth 20 seconds to place the jacks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use ramps for oil changing. Quick, easy, efficient. The front-wheel-drive smoothly pulls its way up the ramp, but you still have to be careful to not go too fast and risk going over the top. For me, it's always a quick jab at the brakes when it gets to the top, and I never had a problem with that; maybe a little sliding of the ramps is all.

I do also put jack stands under the frame after its up just to make sure the ramp doesn't fail in some way. Mine are made of some kind of plastic-type material and are maybe 20 years old. They still look good and show no sign of fatigue or deterioration, but you never know. It's worth 20 seconds to place the jacks.
Put a piece of carpet under each ramp and it will stop it from sliding.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts