2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've started doing my own oil changes and I've been thinking about purchasing some rhino ramps. I've seen quite a few reviews saying that the ramps break easily but it has been mostly with very heavy cars. What are you guyses experience using it with our style of Mazda's?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Spend the money for Race Ramps.

·
Super Moderator
5,357 Posts
Hey guys, I've started doing my own oil changes and I've been thinking about purchasing some rhino ramps. I've seen quite a few reviews saying that the ramps break easily but it has been mostly with very heavy cars. What are you guyses experience using it with our style of Mazda's?

Thank you in advance for your replies!
Been using them for years and never had a problem. Rhino ramps, like anything else, will break if you do stupid things with them. Most of the breaking issues that I have seen involve some idiot driving off the side or the end of the ramp, causing the ramp to flip up and around and crushing it sideways. If you know how to use them you won't break them.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I use ramps for oil changes also and I can say you won't regret the investment. Just be sure to lign them up right before driving the car on to them. I usually kick them in place. If you give it too much gas, you'll drive over them completely. That's a good story.....

But short version is get them and be careful.

·
Registered
123 Posts
They work fine on a 3. There's just enough ground clearance in the front to get the front end up without scraping the lower bumper cover.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
154 Posts
I’m about 4 inches off the ground and have a front lip spoiler. Those ramps don’t have enough of an angle for me to clear them unfortunately.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Been using Rhino ramps for years when changing oil, never had any problems. Found mine on Craigslist for $25, I seem to recall. I also place jack stands under car, as a safety measure.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Let us know what you think. I don't regret buying mine for a minute. I also have a large floor jack and Jack stands, but the ramps are so much easier when I'm doing a quick job like an oil change or undercoating in the fall.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,147 Posts
I’m about 4 inches off the ground and have a front lip spoiler. Those ramps don’t have enough of an angle for me to clear them unfortunately.
Same. I have to jack up a tire and slide the ramp under for the front wheels.

I can reverse up the ramps for the rears though. It's less nerve racking to just use the hydraulic jack though.
CK

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Same. I have to jack up a tire and slide the ramp under for the front wheels.

I can reverse up the ramps for the rears though. It's less nerve racking to just use the hydraulic jack though.
CK
True. I have Rhino ramps. They're a lil too steep for the mildly dropped 3 & its front overhang.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 GT hatch, manual
9 Posts
One thing I would add here is that it is only ~$10 more to get the max version that has a higher weight capacity and wider track. While the lower version is enough, it gives me some piece of mind to have the additional capacity, and the wider ramps make it easier to not get too far off center if they aren't perfectly straight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing I would add here is that it is only ~$10 more to get the max version that has a higher weight capacity and wider track. While the lower version is enough, it gives me some piece of mind to have the additional capacity, and the wider ramps make it easier to not get too far off center if they aren't perfectly straight.
I was thinking the exact same thing! For $10 it's a great price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Used Rhino Ramps for about 4 years now, but, with a set of Aux ramps that I built (saw the idea on a BMW site) It worked a Treat for my X-Type Jag as well as the Mazda... Rhino + Ramps (3).jpg Rhino + Ramps (4).jpg Rhino + Ramps (6).jpg Rhino + Ramps (7).jpg Rhino + Ramps (2).jpg Rhino + Ramps (7).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Rhino Ramps often are used on a 2018 F350 Dually for extra space to do oil changes. No issues. A 2006 Sequoia has been a fan of the ramps for 10 years now. My little 3 is nothing to these ramps. Line them up.. don't overshoot and you'll be fine. No danger of collapsing at all. None.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts