2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front bumper between the headlight and the fog light there is a rectangular "insert" into the bumper - not sure what it is called and what its for but the two inserts on my bumper seemed to have popped out by a centimetre I can only imagine that due to recent snow/ice some water between the inserts and the bumper has frozen and caused the inserts to pop out. I've tried to push them back but no luck - anyone got any ideas ? (UK)

·
Registered
372 Posts
On the front bumper between the headlight and the fog light there is a rectangular "insert" into the bumper - not sure what it is called and what its for but the two inserts on my bumper seemed to have popped out by a centimetre I can only imagine that due to recent snow/ice some water between the inserts and the bumper has frozen and caused the inserts to pop out. I've tried to push them back but no luck - anyone got any ideas ? (UK)
These sound like the headlight washers. They pop out and spray washer fluid onto the headlights when you wash your windshield. Start up the car, get someone else to sit in the driver's seat, and have them wash the windshield while you watch from the front to see if they're working.

It sounds like what you're thinking: something got in there and made them stuck. You should be able to pull them out more, and maybe spray them off with a hose to clear them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts