2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2016 Mazda 2 officially revealed, looks like a mini 3

6K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  proximal 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Sweet, now all that's left is the Miata. Then the real fun begins.

#17 ·
Yeah...can't wait for september or whenever the reveal of the new miata is happening. Sooner than later would be better as my wife will need a car once we move this summer and it is on her shortlist.:cheesy:

This kodo 2 is cute but still a little potato-y.

#7 ·
looks like a shrunken down 3, even the interior looks like the shrunken down 3.
i like! im reading from autoblog, the 2 is using a shrunken down skyactiv platfrom from the 3. so mazda is using the same platform for the 2,3,6 and cx-5. rumor is that miata/mx5 will also use the same platform.
i like how mazda kept all the good stuff of each previous car they design and improved on it. since the CX5, each mazda has gotten incrementally better .

oh yea, the 3 looks like someone stepped on the the CX-5.

#9 ·
If this 2 had been out when I bought my 3... I might have got a 2..

#10 ·
Aww, I like it. It's just too under-powered. But basically it is a smaller Mazda 3. I might have still considered it if it was already out, but it's amazing how similar it looks in both interior and exterior. I actually think I like the interior better with those rounded air vents, but that's probably because I came from a MINI Cooper. However, it's still small and definitely not much power. I am happy with my Mazda3!

#12 ·
All it needs is a Lip Kit, 18" Rims, and a hatch spoiler and I would look pretty good. I like what they did to the front grille, how they closed the grille with the thicker black piece. Its a mix between Audi and Mazda.

#13 ·
I might be the only one to say this here but...where is the originality in each model... A 2,3,5,6, RX7, RX-8, CX5, CX7, CX9 all looked diffrent and unique to it's model line. I for one like original designs per model line. It's more creative and creates diversity in clientele by personality and taste (and wallet). If they make most Mazda models look the same, your basically exposed to assimilation. Even the interior looks like the 3. That's going to far in my opinion.

#18 ·
I like it. Now I want to see a new Miata and Mazda5. We've got a 2010 Mazda5 and want to upgrade to a Skyactiv version. I hope they don't discontinue it in the US. It is a super affordable, fun to drive, people and cargo mover. Especially with the manual transmission like ours. :thumbup 1:

#19 ·
I can't wait for them to move the entire line up to the new styling design so I can get get my damn speed3!

#21 ·
If you haven't watched the teaser video they released on the MX-5, sounds like the motor is turbocharged! I can't wait for the September release.

#24 ·
A bit of a mixed bag on the looks. A few details look odd like the tear drop fog light shapes and the leather trim on the dash, but overall in line with the Kodo look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSMSVn10v8

The100hp engine sounds buzzy and diesely. The ride doesn't sound that loud if you don't count the tires which seem to struggle every time the wheel is turned. Maybe they'll eventually drop the base 2 liter from the 3 in it along with a decent upgrade on tires and suspension. That might make it stand out from its sub compact class. If they can do that and keep it under $20K with otherwise modest trim, they would have a zoom zoom winner for those on a budget. :yes: More likely they'll hold an engine upgrade hostage with a bloated options package. :argh 1:

#25 ·
A bit of a mixed bag on the looks. A few details look odd like the tear drop fog light shapes and the leather trim on the dash, but overall in line with the Kodo look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSMSVn10v8:
So they put the bright blue on the 2 at :17 in the video....where the deuce is that color on the 3!!!!

Dahmmmit lol

I'll agree with everything else you said too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.