2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I own a 2016 bn Mazda 3 sp25, and my car has a Matt black grill, but I have seen some models such as the GT with a gloss one...

is there a part number for the gloss grill? For the new facelift model?

I have tried to search but can't find much on the oem gloss grill.

Has anyone purchased/ installed one before? Any info would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Au thanks for that, I'll call my local dealership to see how much it will be locally

I should have mentioned I live in Australia, and we got the BN in 2016....

I should have paid the extra couple thousand dollars and got the next model up... the Matt grill and horse whip antenna is giving me anxiety every time I see a GT :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Au thanks for that, I'll call my local dealership to see how much it will be locally

I should have paid the extra couple thousand dollars and got the next model up... the Matt grill and horse whip antenna is giving me anxiety every time I see a GT :(
They are build date 2016 but model year 2017 (MY17).

There is also plenty of BN wrecks already contact ACM parts or another major wrecking group they should be able to find one alot cheaper than Mazda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I should have paid the extra couple thousand dollars and got the next model up... the Matt grill and horse whip antenna is giving me anxiety every time I see a GT
They are build date 2016 but model year 2017 (MY17).

There is also plenty of BN wrecks already contact ACM parts or another major wrecking group they should be able to find one alot cheaper than Mazda.
Yes you are correct.. thanks for that... and Thanks for the recommendation. I'll call ACM tomorrow. It's actually just down my road ahaha.

Mazda parramatta quoted me $400 for the grill, and $300 for the shark fin antenna......

But excessive to be honest. I'll see if acm can get these parts for me. If not then maybe I'll get a body shop to spray the grill and other Matt trim parts on the front bar in gloss black... then I'll need to research and find a good aftermarket shark fin I can install

·
Registered
26 Posts
BN grills are painted jet black mica so if you're planning on getting the Aero kit (Kuroi pack in Australia) paint it in Mazda jet black mica 41w or they wont match.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all. I own a 2016 bn Mazda 3 sp25, and my car has a Matt black grill, but I have seen some models such as the GT with a gloss one...

is there a part number for the gloss grill? For the new facelift model?

I have tried to search but can't find much on the oem gloss grill.

Has anyone purchased/ installed one before? Any info would be appreciated :)
why dont you just paint your grille with 41w black mica?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does someone have part # for the black glossy grill for the BN? Rather just buy a painted one then have to take my grill apart, then take it to my painter, and wait for that whole process.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to find a part number for the gloss black grill and wasn't able to. Called up 3 local dealers and they all said they will call me back and never did.

I have decided to get it sprayed mica black, including the fog light surrounds and the little black strip at the bottom of the front bar.

Hopefully it turns out nice

·
Registered
83 Posts
as far as i know, nobody sells painted parts, you buy it and you paint it, so is better if you just paint yours.

I have the glossy grill, and know im repainting the aero kit because i used a plain black, and they don't match, as cameron1871 just said.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought I heard that Mazda was gonna be doing "black edition" for the 2018. Anyone know if that is true?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts